Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas Hob Spares

S

Snail

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum, looks good so far.
Wondering if the wisdom of the crowd may point me in the right direction for finding a new gas stove manifold please?
Thanks, in advance.

:help

Errr.... a Vito. :eek:
But it's got a Cali kitchen unit in it - minus the gas manifold.
The unit was made in sept 2008 tho. It's nicely made so would be good to keep the original curved fronted hob, if the parts are available to non T5'ers?

Thanks again

Probably going off at a slight tangent ;) But are there any regulations regarding gas safety you need to adhere to?

I ask because I'm aware that the full Cali has a gas locker with some safety features and I'm look at fitting a SMEV Sink/hob in a pod in my Beach. When I spoke to a gas certifier here in NZ it seems that the easier way to pass the gas regulations was to have the gas bottle outside the Cali and connect it up via quick release coupling and long hose when I want to use the hob. It is okay to travel with the bottle in the Cali.

I'm happy with this as I like to cook outside / BBQ and the burner is only to make a brew or heat a saucepan.

Of course I could ignore all the regulations - but just a little worried if it all went wrong. Wife is bad enough at leaving the gas rings on at home.

Andy

Thanks Calikev, good link. I've sent some pics so will have to see what comes back.
& thanks Goldie, valid points indeed... I've a plumber mate who is Gassafe reg'd, at the very least I'd have to get him to check it all. But does anyone know, for here in UK, could/would he sign it off or would it have to go to a suitably qualified Motorhome service technician?

Back