Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas regulator gauge

J

James Read

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Hello All,
Does anyone have a regulator fitted with a gauge to indicate how much gas is left in a cylinder?
I have got the magnetic gas bottle indicator but I find it a bit of a faff to use!
Thanks
James

One can also determine the ammount of gas by the weight
Been asked and sorted out here already , try the "search function" and find out more....

Thanks for the link. I used the "search function" but could not find the thread.
Looks like a pressure gauge does not exist then.
I like the strain gauge weighing idea

Unfortunately with liquified gas the pressure will remain constant until the last of the liquid gas is converted to gaseous gas and at that point the bottle is empty.

Ah, this makes sense.
I will get a strain gauge!
:)

Or, just carry a CampingGaz 904 cylinder as a spare.

Ditto the comments about gas pressure monitoring devices.

Just get a cheap digital scale gadget for weighing luggage available from chain stores or airport shops. If you put a cable tie around the gas tap to attach the scales to you can then weigh the bottle while it's still in situ and estimate the remaining gas by deducting the tare weight of the bottle:-

A full 907 weighs 14lbs
An empty one weighs 8 lbs

or

3.7kg = weight of empty bottle
2.75 kg is weight of gas in full bottle

In any case you should carry either a spare 904 as WelshGas says, or a cheap £10-15 compact gas cooker (which is useful anyway for cooking out doors)

As Motacyclist says , we also carry a cheap gascooker withe those small gas botlles so we got a back-up and we use it when the weather is good for outside cooking so les smells in the Cali...

Cheers everyone, very useful advice