Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GOK Gas Regulator button

Moakesy

Moakesy

Moakesy
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Does anyone know what the button is for on the GOK Gas regulator? The yellow button on the one shown here in the club shop.

Having had a look online, it's either a crash safety valve or a Excess Flow Valve....I'm not sure which. If it 'trips', is it just a press and hold to reset it?

Basically, someone I know who has just bought a T5 is currently on holiday in Spain only two days after buying their new pride and joy. Turns out the bottle was virtually out of gas, so they've replaced it whilst away but now they don't get any gas through to the burners. As they are in the middle of nowhere with dodgy data connection, they can't post this themselves, so I'm doing it on their behalf.

Things checked are:

> Connections seated properly
> Gas bottle is full (i.e. they were sold a dud)
> Both regulator valves open
> Hears a hiss when opening the bottle valve (suggesting gas is getting to the regulator)

They are away for five weeks, so whilst they have a camping stove as well, they really need the gas rings. Obviously they can take it somewhere in Spain, but their Spanish isn't great so they hope it's something simple to fix.

Anyone had similar issue after changing the gas bottle?

It's a safety button , at least as far i'm aware...

Done some google reading and seems it's a overflow exess , prevents exploding of the regulator....don't want any of that...

Have they opened the safety valve under the sink.
Yes. Tried pretty much everything I can think of.

Got to be related to bottle change as it worked fine beforehand. There aren’t that many parts to go wrong you’d think. Definitely no gas getting to the rings, but does come out the bottle.

Both valves are open (bottle on and under sink) so it’s either the regulator failed during the change or a safety system has cut in. Can’t think what else it may be.

How old is his gok wan ?
They´re meant to be replaced every 10 yrs.
He could undo it at the pipe end and see if anything is coming
through.
It should be easy enough to get a replacement in spain.

It's out of date, as there is a label saying 'To be replaced before 2017'.

Seem to be coming to the conclusion it's died then, so will need to be replaced now rather than when they return to the UK.