Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC Alarm Deactivation For Boarding A Ferry.

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Whilst on my trip to the highlands I needed to deactivate the alarm for the ferry, to my surprise, VW had removed the button that was on the lower part of the drivers side B pillar. anyway the alarm went off the whole voyage.

To deactivate you now need to get into the infotainment menu and turn it off under "Open and Close"

I think this button was removed when they introduced the new infotainment head unit. Think its still in the B pillar on GC's before that.

Possibly the same for the 6.1

Is that the same for the T6 california?

Whilst on my trip to the highlands I needed to deactivate the alarm for the ferry, to my surprise, VW had removed the button that was on the lower part of the drivers side B pillar. anyway the alarm went off the whole voyage.

To deactivate you now need to get into the infotainment menu and turn it off under "Open and Close"

I think this button was removed when they introduced the new infotainment head unit. Think its still in the B pillar on GC's before that.

Possibly the same for the 6.1

Hi in reply to deactivate the alarm……don’t use the fob to lock the van use the key this should deactivate the alarm hope this helps you

Hi in reply to deactivate the alarm……don’t use the fob to lock the van use the key this should deactivate the alarm hope this helps you
Thanks for the Tipp.

Many thanks