Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alarm sensors

C

camperkid

Hi guys could someone please help! After the customary long wait we have recently collected our VW California se 180. In the hand book it says there is a switch on the B pillar beside the drivers seat to deactivate the alarm sensors, but unfortunately I don't have any such button! I do have the electric sliding door so does this make any difference, resulting in the switch being located else where?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance. :thanks

I have a 2012 180 SE with electric sliding door and I have a button.

It is quite low down, on the drivers side, probably a bit lower than the joint between the back and bottom of the seat (when facing forward obviously)

Of course it is not impossible that they have changed the spec and not the manual.

T

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply teeboy, there is a California in the showroom where I purchased mine and the button is exactly where you say and obviously the manual, it's good to hear you have the sliding door and the switch is in the same position, maybe this is a change for the 2015 build?? Seems strange!! Maybe VW forgot to fit it :doh

To be honest if you lock the doors from the switch neat the mirror controls that locks the doors without setting the alarm when you are in the van.

I think you are supposed to use the missing switch if you leave the van with the roof up as a gust of wind could set off the alarm. I never do, amd no complaints yet.

I do press it on ferries if I remember :)

20140909_190815_zpsj5pshzco.jpg

20140909_190753_zps0jbnhzd3.jpg

This what my switch looks like on my Cali, same as my old (2010) Kombi and my sons Highline Transporter Panel van. My Polo also has the same switch in the same position.

Yes that's what my previous panel van had and also the California in the showroom has, but this is how mine looks!!!

image.jpg

Dumb question - has it actually got an alarm. Lock yourself in with the key and wave your arms about....

(probably do it tomorrow - bit late now)

Ha ha my neighbours would love that! :shocked !! But I did test that today and yes the alarm does go off!!! The thing I can't understand is that I would think that the B pillar is prefabricated so at the very least I should just have a square cut out!!!! The search continues!!!!!

When we bought our cali, it didn't have any switches on the b pillar and they were fitted retrospectively so it's not the first time this has happened.

teeboy said:
To be honest if you lock the doors from the switch neat the mirror controls that locks the doors without setting the alarm when you are in the van.

I think you are supposed to use the missing switch if you leave the van with the roof up as a gust of wind could set off the alarm. I never do, amd no complaints yet.

I do press it on ferries if I remember :)

As any of the poor people who were near our van at Calis on the Farm will know, the wind on the bellows can set of the alarm. Big apologies for that. It is worth dropping the roof bed to prevent it. Sorry, not hijacking this thread, but just thought I'd mention it

That's interesting caliblue, was it something that was easy to fit? How long did the dealers need the vehicle? Can't help but wonder what else they've forgotten!!!

I read somewhere that if you lock the car with a doubleclick on the key you lock the car with no motion alarm. Haven't tested that info though.

Ulrik

Ha ha my neighbours would love that! :shocked !! But I did test that today and yes the alarm does go off!!! The thing I can't understand is that I would think that the B pillar is prefabricated so at the very least I should just have a square cut out!!!! The search continues!!!!!

Hello!

I've just collected my (MY17 build) T6 delivered, and no button on B-Pllar. So, just wondering if you ever found yours? Or received an explanation as to why it was missing?

Cheers, Jonathan