Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC Control panel hidden menu?

Simon1

Simon1

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Thought I read in a previous thread that there was a hidden menu in the control panel but I can’t seem to find it.
Does anyone know the method or which thread it was on?

Thanks, that looks like the one but the link in it seems to be expired.
Swipe your finger along the top of the screen from left to right (across the text if you get what I mean) then place your finger in the top centre of the screen and Swipe down to the battery icon.

Swipe your finger along the top of the screen from left to right (across the text if you get what I mean) then place your finger in the top centre of the screen and Swipe down to the battery icon.
Thanks again!
Tried that and it’s not working for me.
Wish I could’ve seen @GordonH doing it in the video so I could see the technique. I’ve tried doing it slow and fast, firm/ soft, slightly off centre and every variation I can think of but no joy.

Thanks again!
Tried that and it’s not working for me.
Wish I could’ve seen @GordonH doing it in the video so I could see the technique. I’ve tried doing it slow and fast, firm/ soft, slightly off centre and every variation I can think of but no joy.
The video is still active on Facebook just not sure how to share it here

I’m not on Facebook but I’ll ask my wife later and see if she can get it.
Appreciate the help!

Hi @Simon1 just been out to my GC and done this.

Press the home button first, then swipe left to right, then down.

I’ve just filmed myself doing it but can’t attach it.

DONE IT!
Seems you have to keep fingertip exactly over the horizontal text and not go any further than the end of the text.
Didn’t stick around to see what the hidden menu has to offer as van was roasting!
Thanks for sharing the video, it was a great help and now easy for others to find.

DONE IT!
Seems you have to keep fingertip exactly over the horizontal text and not go any further than the end of the text.
Didn’t stick around to see what the hidden menu has to offer as van was roasting!
Thanks for sharing the video, it was a great help and now easy for others to find.
Yes it was a tad warm whilst I was filming, hence the short video!
Glad you’ve cracked it.

Here’s a link to the original video I posted on FB.

The swipes need to stop and start fairly accurately and not too fast.

Back