Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC600 Bed step - The greatest addition I bought so far.

campermarta91

campermarta91

Vehicle
Grand California 600
I just had to share my latest discovery with all of you. I recently came across Bernie's Goods, a Barcelona-based company on Etsy, and they've got a very nice product for our beloved GCs – the Bed Step. The owner told me he's a passionate owner of a Grand California 600 and as a designer he decided to open a store to get his designs to more people.

This bed step has been a total game-changer for me. No more acrobatics or parkour just to get in and out of my bed! Why VW didn't think of this before?

The step is made out of hard plastic, and it looks like it's 3D printed, but the finish is incredibly smooth and soft to the touch. I was a bit skeptical about its weight-bearing capacity, but it easily supports my husband's weight, so I'm more than confident in its durability.

If you're interested in making your Grand California life a lot easier, check out the Bed Step from Bernie's Goods https://berniesgoodsstore.etsy.com/es/listing/1544554188/escalon-cama-para-vw-grand-california

The owner also mentioned that they'll be releasing an upgraded design for our cabinet door latches soon!! Considering how many times I've replaced those flimsy things, I'm definitely keeping an eye out for that!

I'll be sure to update you all with more cool accessories I come across for our GCs. Let's make our vans even more amazing together!

Marta - GC600 White/Red Owner

I just had to share my latest discovery with all of you. I recently came across Bernie's Goods, a Barcelona-based company on Etsy, and they've got a very nice product for our beloved GCs – the Bed Step. The owner told me he's a passionate owner of a Grand California 600 and as a designer he decided to open a store to get his designs to more people.

This bed step has been a total game-changer for me. No more acrobatics or parkour just to get in and out of my bed! Why VW didn't think of this before?

The step is made out of hard plastic, and it looks like it's 3D printed, but the finish is incredibly smooth and soft to the touch. I was a bit skeptical about its weight-bearing capacity, but it easily supports my husband's weight, so I'm more than confident in its durability.

If you're interested in making your Grand California life a lot easier, check out the Bed Step from Bernie's Goods https://berniesgoodsstore.etsy.com/es/listing/1544554188/escalon-cama-para-vw-grand-california

The owner also mentioned that they'll be releasing an upgraded design for our cabinet door latches soon!! Considering how many times I've replaced those flimsy things, I'm definitely keeping an eye out for that!

I'll be sure to update you all with more cool accessories I come across for our GCs. Let's make our vans even more amazing together!

Nice idea but I wouldn’t want to use the bulkhead board to regularly take my weight. On the early GC’s these bulkhead boards had slots in them for your hand to go in to help remove them, VW took the slots out because people were using the slots as steps.

Nice idea but I wouldn’t want to use the bulkhead board to regularly take my weight. On the early GC’s these bulkhead boards had slots in them for your hand to go in to help remove them, VW took the slots out because people were using the slots as steps.
So far we've had any issues with my bulkhead board and we've been using this tool for an entire two weeks now. At least my GC600 board seems very very rigid, doesn't bend or flex. Seems it's gonna sit there for a long time without a problem Perhaps earlier GC might come with brittle boards, not sure as I didn't met anyone with older model yet, but as per my experience I have to say it's totally safe.

Have to agree with @Mr T , really neat idea, but not sure I would feel so confident stepping on to that at 3am to get to the bathroom after a few beers! Think I’ll stick to my fold up small step!

Personally I just bought a foldable stepladder, 2 steps, aluminum, from Relaxdays (you can also find it on Amazon)
It carries up to 120 kg
Dimensions: H x W x D: 39 x 38 x 40 cm
Weight: approx. 1.7 kg

Stepladder, 2 steps 01.jpg

Stepladder, 2 steps 02.jpg

The first thing I did when I got my GC600 was to modify the partition which separates the loading area with the living area to make a step to get up to the bed. The mod is quite simple but has to bare the weight of who ever is using it. See photo, sorry it could be better !

View attachment DSC_0041 (1).JPG

View attachment DSC_0060.JPG

The first thing I did when I got my GC600 was to modify the partition which separates the loading area with the living area to make a step to get up to the bed. The mod is quite simple but has to bare the weight of who ever is using it. See photo, sorry it could be better !

View attachment 118522

View attachment 118523
Here’s our step it slots into the grove that’s already there.

IMG_1242.jpeg

IMG_1241.jpeg

Back