Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC600 Bedroom lighting, another fault?

T

T3Z-GB

Guest User
Hi,

Hopefully someone with a GC600 can verify?
When turning off the isolator switch in the electrical cupboard, the manual says it should disconnect all camper specific electrical consumers. Today while poking around I noticed when turning off it does indeed disconnect everything camper specific except the bedroom lights both lower and upper.

Please can someone check and let me know if there’s is the same, or just another fault, incorrect wiring. It’s worrying as this could potentially drain the starter battery if wired to that.

Thanks.

Hi,

Hopefully someone with a GC600 can verify?
When turning off the isolator switch in the electrical cupboard, the manual says it should disconnect all camper specific electrical consumers. Today while poking around I noticed when turning off it does indeed disconnect everything camper specific except the bedroom lights both lower and upper.

Please can someone check and let me know if there’s is the same, or just another fault, incorrect wiring. It’s worrying as this could potentially drain the starter battery if wired to that.

Thanks.
Unable to answer specifically and depending where the switch is, I was advised that every thing from the B pillar forward is powered via the engine battery and every thing aft of the B pillar is powered via the utility battery.

Unable to answer specifically and depending where the switch is, I was advised that every thing from the B pillar forward is powered via the engine battery and every thing aft of the B pillar is powered via the utility battery.
I thought the 12v cigar sockets in the cab were powered by the leisure battery.

You might want to swing the top 3 pin 45% to use both plugs at the same time.
Iv not tried the hookup yet, but can see how that will be a problem. Literally very little thought went into these vans.

Iv not tried the hookup yet, but can see how that will be a problem. Literally very little thought went into these vans.
Hmm that's a slight exaggeration

I think your comments exceed the defined boundaries of objective criticism..

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk