Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gearbox issue

S

Staff 2

First posted by ewen

A weird thing happened today ... I couldn't engage the any gears when starting from stationary. The gearbox just felt 'jammed'. It took about 3 mins to finally find a gear and free things up.

Any explanations? We've had horrendous rain over the last 24 hours and I drove through a flooded road on my way to work this morning. Could this be connected somehow?

First posted by ewen

Hi, manual 180 facelift. Everything seemed fine today but more rain's due - I wondered if there's a connection ?

First posted by John

Ewan I will send Alex at SMG a PM for you to see if he can help.

Just a couple thoughts what does the clutch feel like when you have selected a gear. Also I wonder what the gearbox oil level is like.

First posted by Alex at smg cowfold

Haven't heard anything like this on a manual gearbox. As John has asked, what is the clutch like? Any noises when trying to select gears? Any noise when in neutral and you have the clutch pedal down on the floor?

cheers

First posted by ewen

Hi Alex, the clutch is fine. No odd noises and works smoothly (the van's just coming up to a year old). It's only happened the once - bit of a mystery.

First posted by Alex at smg cowfold

I would keep an eye on it for the moment and monitor it closely. I haven't heard of any other problems like this.

cheers

Back