Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sorry Now Sold GERMAN ‘JALOPY 710’ BOOT DRAWER FOR OCEAN/COAST

Lizziemint

Lizziemint

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
GERMAN ‘JALOPY 710’ BOOT DRAWER FOR OCEAN/COAST £400

Selling due to sale of our Cali. We bought this in 2022 & had it imported from the EU (German made).
Really good solid quality and easy to fit. This particular model enables you to have the bench seat in its furthest back setting, whereas many of the others currently on the market in the UK require the bench seat to slide forward by 5cm, so you lose that from your living space.
Comes with felt lining to prevent rattles.
Currently selling in Europe for 649Euro

COLLECTION ONLY from Urmston, Manchester (near M60 J9/10)
We are happy to fit it in your van for you as it is really simple to fit in the runners.

See link below for further details and dimensions etc.

View attachment IMG_6956.jpeg

View attachment IMG_6952.jpeg

IMG_6954.jpeg

View attachment IMG_6951.jpeg

View attachment IMG_6957.jpeg

IMG_6955.jpeg

can i ask, is the base insert (not shown?) rigid? Ive looked at the link above and it looks like a thin black mat that sits ontop of the lips around the outside of the frame. This would mean any heavy content stored in the middle relies on the soft base 'sliding' along the van floor? I must be mistaken?

Thanks.

Not sure if you’ve missed some of the photos I uploaded so have added some of them to this reply.
This is a very solid piece of kit which we were able to load with quite a lot of equipment. Never had any issues with not being able to slide the drawer in and out. The solid frame is firmly bolted into the existing floor runners so all the weight is distributed through the frame. I guess when the drawer is open it is a cantilevered type of weight distribution.
There isn’t a ‘soft base’ as the drawer is a heavy duty steel with no flex in it so it clears the floor as it slides in and out of the vehicle.
Hope that helps!

View attachment IMG_6951.jpeg

View attachment IMG_6956.jpeg

View attachment IMG_6952.jpeg

Not sure if you’ve missed some of the photos I uploaded so have added some of them to this reply.
This is a very solid piece of kit which we were able to load with quite a lot of equipment. Never had any issues with not being able to slide the drawer in and out. The solid frame is firmly bolted into the existing floor runners so all the weight is distributed through the frame. I guess when the drawer is open it is a cantilevered type of weight distribution.
There isn’t a ‘soft base’ as the drawer is a heavy duty steel with no flex in it so it clears the floor as it slides in and out of the vehicle.
Hope that helps!

View attachment 127465

View attachment 127466

View attachment 127467
Ah got it. The first posted pictures didn't show the base of the drawer installed - this is what confused me.

Is the base like a steel plate/tray then (top seems to be covered with a soft carpet)?

The link suggests the frame is aluminium ?

Thanks.

Ah got it. The first posted pictures didn't show the base of the drawer installed - this is what confused me.

Is the base like a steel plate/tray then (top seems to be covered with a soft carpet)?

The link suggests the frame is aluminium ?

Thanks.
I think the frame that fixes into the boot is aluminium..... not sure about the actual drawer except it's very heavy and sturdy with no flex/bend in it.

I’ve got the Beach version of this and it’s extremely well made. I collected mine from the manufacturer - Calicap - at their warehouse in Germany last week.

937C9C0E-1CC5-4EBE-B055-9895DD4058FF.jpeg

I’m obviously biased but I agree! Can’t stress enough how well made this is…. and we were delighted with it. We’re upgrading to a bigger van and totally gutted that the drawer isn’t compatible, especially as we went to the effort of getting it sent here from the EU and paying import tax etc!

I think the frame that fixes into the boot is aluminium..... not sure about the actual drawer except it's very heavy and sturdy with no flex/bend in it.
Ah, sorry I totally misunderstood. The draw is a seperate part that sits in the frame. I see now.

Thank you. (sorry to highjack your post)

Hi what would you be willing to to accept?

Sorry, I updated the thread earlier this afternoon to say it was sold

Back