Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ghostwatch 2

D

DaveT54

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I'm thinking of getting a Ghostwatch 2 immobiliser fitted when we take delivery of our new Ocean 6.1
Anyone have any experience of Ghostwatch 2 immobilisers.

Last edited:
Got one in my T6.1, no problems so far.........

Had the mk1 on my MoHo worked a treat, when the van arrives I’ll be fitting another, helps me sleep at night.

Planning to get it on my van when it eventually arrives, but currently have AW Ghost 2 on my car and have had no issues. Not sure about install time on the van though, so be good to get an idea of this from others that have it.

Getting a AW Ghost 2 fitted this week. Heard really good feedback

Ghost 2 fitted Start of Oct - 6.1 absolutely brilliant

Get in touch with the people at Autowatch. https://www.autowatch.co.uk/

They will more than likely put you in touch with
Webb electronics.
Only a handful of installers in UK, so the tech doesn’t get into the wrong hands and you have a bad install.

I'm thinking of getting a Ghostwatch 2 immobiliser fitted when we take delivery of our new Ocean 6.1
Things like this seem to increase the “attack surface” of a vehicle. Anything relying on software (especially if connected via Bluetoot) will be hackable. If you are worried, I would use a wheel or steering wheel lock. Software is ALWAYS full of holes - that’s why it’s always being updated.

• Disagree
Reactions: Loz
With a Ghostwatch 2 you can use Bluetooth i.e. you can connect your phone to the system so that when your mobile is within reach of the system you don't have to enter a security code. On mine I intentionally didn't activate this as I felt I was likely at some point to forget to take my phone out the van!!!!! So no Bluetooth on mine.

With a Ghostwatch 2 you can use Bluetooth i.e. you can connect your phone to the system so that when your mobile is within reach of the system you don't have to enter a security code. On mine I intentionally didn't activate this as I felt I was likely at some point to forget to take my phone out the van!!!!! So no Bluetooth on mine.
Same for me. Didn’t activate the Bluetooth app

I had my Ghostwatch 2 fitted yesterday, I forgot to ask the installer about the stop/start function. Do any of you knowledgeable people know if the stop/start function remains unaffected and won’t mean a code input should I be sitting in a queue of traffic for instance and the stop/start had engaged for a period of time?
Had Road Radio in Surrey install btw and they had me booked in within a week of enquiring. Cover south east if of interest and would recommend so far.

I had my Ghostwatch 2 fitted yesterday, I forgot to ask the installer about the stop/start function. Do any of you knowledgeable people know if the stop/start function remains unaffected and won’t mean a code input should I be sitting in a queue of traffic for instance and the stop/start had engaged for a period of time?
Had Road Radio in Surrey install btw and they had me booked in within a week of enquiring. Cover south east if of interest and would recommend so far.
Ghost 2.
Stop start works really well.
No need to input code every time.

Last edited:
As C69 has also said, no, does not impact stop-start or any other driving function. The code is required only if the ignition is switched off

had this fitted to our van,
Ampire Canbus immobiliser
Canbus immobiliser inc starter immobilised when asked the fitter about Ghostwatch 2 he said with the bluetooth , thieves could find out where it is fitted and disable it with a gizmo?This works in the same way putting a code in via buttons on steering wheel.

Id be doing the very same when I get mine fitted no B/tooth for me. Any technology like this only increases the risk of a hack and the vehicle disappearing out of sight without me in it. Not keen I must say.

If you stall the engine it will restart immediately I think it locks after 15 seconds, may have been updated since?

Hi
Anyone with the Ghost system, can you tell me, if Say i use 4 buttons for the code, does the button press also actually also activate/ or de-activate that button, ie turn on the fog lights or maybe traction control, etc
Ta

Hi
Anyone with the Ghost system, can you tell me, if Say i use 4 buttons for the code, does the button press also actually also activate/ or de-activate that button, ie turn on the fog lights or maybe traction control, etc
Ta
Yes it can, I use this to disable the start stop.

Hi
Ta
For each vehicle type there is a range of buttons you can use. A T6.1 uses buttons on the steering wheel for the code. Speak to a certified installer for further info.

What’s your question ?
Do you mean can you choose buttons not to activate anything ?
Yes, you can use cruise control buttons as cruise will not be on.
you can use 6 buttons in any way you like
So cruise on, cruise off. Set increase, decrease, increase, decrease,
Do this up to 10 buttons.
or 1 button 10 times. Or 9, or 8, or 4
As you want

For each vehicle type there is a range of buttons you can use. A T6.1 uses buttons on the steering wheel for the code. Speak to a certified installer for further info.
This is not what I was told. In fact, I was shown the options available and certainly no steering wheel options for the buttons. Do you know if it has changed/expanded or where I can check?

thanks!
Andy

Give Ghost Installations a bell they should be able to give you full details.

Back