Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Good evening

5i1ver8ack

5i1ver8ack

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Good evening everyone.

First post to introduce myself. I'm not a California owner yet, but am optimistic of getting one during 2017.

Having thought for some time about the possibility of getting one, we hired one for a weekend at the beginning of October. We’ve always been tent campers (from one-man to trailer tents), so a campervan is a bit of an indulgence. With my daughter’s powered wheelchair on board it was a bit of a squeeze, but with our own van we’d be able to organise things a bit better – the hired van had a lot of stuff we wouldn’t take so we could make room for more of the stuff we would take.

We hired a 2016 T6 Ocean with 7sp DSG auto and 204PS 4Motion and I think that’s what we’ll end up with.

Many questions linger, but I’ll post them later – this is just to introduce myself before wading in

Good evening and welcome you are right you will find your own way of doing things.

Welcome. You will find loads of info under the different threads and plenty of help on here when you can't find something.

Mike

Hi and welcome , very brave going camping with a person hooked to a wheelchair .
Must be a great way to give more holliday feeling instead hotelrooms
I think there is another owner who also uses the Cali giving acces to a wheelchair .
Good you rented , it gives a good impression.

Good evening everyone.

First post to introduce myself. I'm not a California owner yet, but am optimistic of getting one during 2017.

Having thought for some time about the possibility of getting one, we hired one for a weekend at the beginning of October. We’ve always been tent campers (from one-man to trailer tents), so a campervan is a bit of an indulgence. With my daughter’s powered wheelchair on board it was a bit of a squeeze, but with our own van we’d be able to organise things a bit better – the hired van had a lot of stuff we wouldn’t take so we could make room for more of the stuff we would take.

We hired a 2016 T6 Ocean with 7sp DSG auto and 204PS 4Motion and I think that’s what we’ll end up with.

Many questions linger, but I’ll post them later – this is just to introduce myself before wading in
Welcome!

Good evening and welcome.

You've come to the right place to get questions answered.

I came here to find the meaning of life and found it by buying a cali :D

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

Ask away. Will you be getting your vehicle modified to accommodate your daughter's wheelchair. If so I would suggest picking the Dealership carefully. Unfortunately the California is sold via the Commercial Dealership network and not all are versed in the attributes of the California, especially if you wish to have modifications made to the vehicle such as a ramp or lift etc:.