Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GP Projector headlights with DRL

B

Bjohnson

VIP Member
So, chatting to a T5 owner last weekend and admiring the 'look' he had achieved to the front end of his van. Got me thinking about some potential upgrades.

I'm planning a new lower grille and getting the LED DRL's fitted at my local dealer.

But then I spotted these on the transporters r us website

vw-t5gp-drl-projector-twin-headlights-x1-pair-years-2010-gt-8634-p.jpg

I really like the look of these :thumb

Question is, would these be compatible with the LED DRL's - in terms of simple operation and secondly, would this be 'too much' ??!!!!!!

Any views from people? Don't want the Cali to look too 'bling'!!!!

Why would you want led drls with these, already have them.
Would look good. How much are they & where from?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Andy said:
Why would you want led drls with these, already have them.
Would look good. How much are they & where from?

I originally started looked to change the front end look slightly and really liked the LED DRL's as they break up the front a little (IMO).

I've got a separate post on the LED DRL's and colour matched and fitted by my local dealer they were £449.

I found these projector headlights with integral LED DRL's at "Transporters R Us" and they are £399 inc VAT to purchase, they should be a fairly easy install to swap the existing OE items, although not sure if any re-programming is required on the Cali - hopefully not as there isnt when changing the existing DRL's for the lower LED DRL's.

Wasnt sure if having 2 x sets of DRL's - one set at low level the second set integral to the projector headlight could;
a) be installed so they were both operational, and
b) if having both would look too much!

wow! these will sell like hot cakes if they look anything like the factory VW ones, always hard to tell from the photos. I think the VW ones are close to £1k then there was other stuff required washers and levellers....bringing total closer to £2k or something like that.

danny13 said:
wow! these will sell like hot cakes if they look anything like the factory VW ones, always hard to tell from the photos. I think the VW ones are close to £1k then there was other stuff required washers and levellers....bringing total closer to £2k or something like that.

Would agree with this if they are the same as the VW ones and a relatively easy swap.

Is 'projector lens' the same as xenon?

I don't think 2 sets of DRLs would look that good though. Personally would go for just the ones in the units and leave the rest of the bumper clean.

danny13 said:
Hazy Dayz fit them for iirc £3200. Have to change bumper as well.

I suspect they will look like some of the DRLs on the T4s, which considering a saving of £2500 on Genuine VW ones might make it worth considering..
Custom
vw-t5gp-drl-projector-twin-headlights-x1-pair-years-2010-gt-8634-p.jpg
Genuine
t5.1-xenon-1.jpg

I prefer the genuine ones. I've yet to see any aftermarket front lights I like, they all look a bit aftermarket to me, trying to mimic say Audi R8 lights but failing . Although the cost makes them very tempting. My issue is that everyone does the same thing, and the wrong sort of vans end up with those lights. That sounds snobby I know, but the Cali is no ordinary T5 and i would rather keep that way.

James

These look great Im not that keen on the yellowish drl's on my van. Also the headlights could
Be brighter in my opinion.