Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

grand cali motor - can it be ok long time?

H

Holidaymaker

Vehicle
N/A
I am reading last night time about crafter van from where is born Grand California.
I am worry I see motor in grand California is BiTdi type!. I not know this before buy time!.

I am reading long time before Vw 180 Bitdi and 204 Bitdi have much troubles - is some peoples must obtain replacement complete motor and can costing Eu10k + if is not warranty time.

Do other owners considering our Grand California motor is times of many troubles coming closer - same than Vw other BiTdi motors?

I am reading last night time about crafter van from where is born Grand California.
I am worry I see motor in grand California is BiTdi type!. I not know this before buy time!.

I am reading long time before Vw 180 Bitdi and 204 Bitdi have much troubles - is some peoples must obtain replacement complete motor and can costing Eu10k + if is not warranty time.

Do other owners considering our Grand California motor is times of many troubles coming closer - same than Vw other BiTdi motors?
So much trouble that my 180 biturbo is now on 101,000 miles in 7 yrs.

So much trouble that my 180 biturbo is now on 101,000 miles in 7 yrs.
Yes, Very much troubles!. A little number of people is lucky this motor and same than you is happy.
You can reading here and many places others, of peoples must pay new motor or motor components of Vw BiTdi motors - is have bad reputation now.

If bad reputation was not, then I not know and then not ask this such question of Grand California which presents this motor and is not choice to avoid.

I am happy know you own model is good and is you are very happy it. Sad is other peoples not such lucky experience.

Hello,

As far as I know all the GC 600 and GC680 have the same motor, automatic clutch and electronic.

I agree that the camper part of the Grand Californias could be much better in quality and design.

I haven't seen a lot of complains of the engine and clutch part of the Grand California and I trust this part of our campers, so I am not worried at all. I believe that the engine will last at least for 250.000 km but I have my doubt with the camping part.

We bought the GC 600 and now we have to make the best out of it. That is not easy because we had more than our fair share of issues, but we still would like to keep it.

Happy Grand California,
Eberhard

Hello,

As far as I know all the GC 600 and GC680 have the same motor, automatic clutch and electronic.

I agree that the camper part of the Grand Californias could be much better in quality and design.

I haven't seen a lot of complains of the engine and clutch part of the Grand California and I trust this part of our campers, so I am not worried at all. I believe that the engine will last at least for 250.000 km but I have my doubt with the camping part.

We bought the GC 600 and now we have to make the best out of it. That is not easy because we had more than our fair share of issues, but we still would like to keep it.

Happy Grand California,
Eberhard
Thankyou Eberghard.

I am worry BiTdi Vw is bad situation. Look Crafter van. Only high model maximum power is this BiTdi motor and is past very bad reputation. Is hope this motor of our California Grand is fix from many troubles of before California 180 and Van which is have BiTdi motors.

Yes is much true we must make maximum value of our Gc600 - I am like mine very much. I am worry BiTdi is bad motor in Vw motor choices and if was Crafter I would choose 150hp 1 turbo. more simple and less complicate to make troubles later life.

Let us hope we have wonderful times and not trouble times!

Back