Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand Cali ordered but not getting any help with updates from dealer

Black.Sheep.Cali

Black.Sheep.Cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
A few questions for you guys that have ordered a new build and where or what should we have by now?

We placed the order for GC680 1.6.24. Deposit was taken. Deposit receipt given. Finance docs sent over and signed on the day. We were given no order number that links to VW only an internal dealer number.

Since then nothing. I’ve asked for a VW order number but told there won’t be one until a vin number is assigned to the order. Is this what everyone else has experienced or what have been your experiences?

Did you get a VW Order Number almost straight away that you could track something from?

We feel the money has been taken and feel a little out of the loop now.

I’m a bit confused as I thought the the Grand California order book was closed on the 16 April, this year, so after that it’ll have to come from stock.

My experience is that I ordered my GC680 in mid March, and got an order confirmation with order number and configuration codes the next day from the dealer, which he asked me to check. Lucky I did, as the rear camera was missing, but he confirmed later that day the order had been updated.

Next update was in May to say it was being manufactured, then beginning of June that it was in the UK and I had it ten days later.

I was told that once ordered you don’t get an update until a build slot is allocated which is six to ten weeks.

Finding Breeze a bit slow with email responses to general questions but they’ll always send me a video update when there’s a status change on my vehicle build.

I’m a bit confused as I thought the the Grand California order book was closed on the 16 April, this year, so after that it’ll have to come from stock.

My experience is that I ordered my GC680 in mid March, and got an order confirmation with order number and configuration codes the next day from the dealer, which he asked me to check. Lucky I did, as the rear camera was missing, but he confirmed later that day the order had been updated.

Next update was in May to say it was being manufactured, then beginning of June that it was in the UK and I had it ten days later.
Was this in 2024?

If its anything like Landrover you're hear nowt until you have a build slot .....i

A few questions for you guys that have ordered a new build and where or what should we have by now?

We placed the order for GC680 1.6.24. Deposit was taken. Deposit receipt given. Finance docs sent over and signed on the day. We were given no order number that links to VW only an internal dealer number.

Since then nothing. I’ve asked for a VW order number but told there won’t be one until a vin number is assigned to the order. Is this what everyone else has experienced or what have been your experiences?

Did you get a VW Order Number almost straight away that you could track something from?

We feel the money has been taken and feel a little out of the loop now.
when I ordered (almost 3 years ago now) I never got official order number from my dealer I chased few times but gave up he confirmed deposit receipt. after 5 weeks was still not showing build week then 2 months later found out it was built awaiting shipping and received 2 months after that!.
Is bit of pain as clearly big purchase like this you would hope for better communication but there you go, don't over stress it will be worth the wait :)

when I ordered (almost 3 years ago now) I never got official order number from my dealer I chased few times but gave up he confirmed deposit receipt. after 5 weeks was still not showing build week then 2 months later found out it was built awaiting shipping and received 2 months after that!.
Is bit of pain as clearly big purchase like this you would hope for better communication but there you go, don't over stress it will be worth the wait :)
Yea like you say big purchase and if it was a similar value car I’d expect and have had much better communication for the dealer. Almost as if they don’t deal with the public/private buyers that often and more commercial orders. That’s how it feels.

You’re anxious and it’s only been 5 weeks! We waited 9 months before we had the confirmation it had a vin number and entered the factory system. That was 3 years ago, and I know lead times have decreased, but I would say to be patient. It’ll be ready when it’s ready.

Update on the GC680, we have a Build Date of Week 35. No mention of anything else but feel much better knowing something is moving.

So obviously orders for the GC are still going through we ordered our first week of June 2024 after a predicted cut off mid April.

Back