Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California 600 Awning leaks

D

DUMBODOGGY

We are currently in Devon on our first ever trip away in the Grand but have a small issue that we never had with the Ocean.

After erecting the awning to the rail inside the awning housing, this isn't water tight as the awning is mounted on 2 brackets unlike a rail on the Ocean.

It has constantly rained all night with water dripping inside the awning all night.

Surely this isn't right or am I doing something wrong!?IMG_20210820_203646.jpg

The Ocean has a rubber strip in between the awning cassette and the bodywork. The GC doesn't, is this perhaps the issue?

Mr T,s link is correct but as I understand it from our German friends neither fit well due to the curvature of the roof but most who have fitted it recommend the 8mm.
I have had fitted the foam that works well however this fits between the awning brackets and sometimes lets a pool through.

Hello, is there somebody having solved this issue? I have tried the 8mm seal with some "experts" in Luxembourg and they were not able to find solution.

Hello Mr T, did you use self adhesive tape for the installation? Any instruction or photo will be highly appreciated.

Back