Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California factory inverter?

M

Mike5265

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi guys,

Does the GC 600/680 come with a factory fitted inverter? I have read mixed reviews, from what I gather, a single 3 pin plug socket (UK) is connected to an inverter and therefore works for low watt devices while off grid? If this is true, does anyone know which socket this is?

I’m on build week 20! Not long now .

Thanks

Just been out to check and vehicle is not on EHU.

Five, 3 pin plugs. One under bench seat, one on outside wall where sliding door is, 2 above kitchen, one in rear. None live.

There are three 12 volt sockets, behind the front seats, all live.

We bought this for when out and about:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TPMH44Q/?tag=eliteelect-21

04A6BB7F-685D-4F0E-9BCA-ACB38AADB2E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Just been out to check and vehicle is not on EHU.

Five, 3 pin plugs. One under bench seat, one on outside wall where sliding door is, 2 above kitchen, one in rear. None live.

There are three 12 volt sockets, behind the front seats, all live.

We bought this for when out and about:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TPMH44Q/?tag=eliteelect-21

View attachment 75742
Hi Ian, Thanks for checking this for me Great solution too - I will get one of these to keep in a cupboard for the off chance I need it.

Cheers

Hi guys,

Does the GC 600/680 come with a factory fitted inverter? I have read mixed reviews, from what I gather, a single 3 pin plug socket (UK) is connected to an inverter and therefore works for low watt devices while off grid? If this is true, does anyone know which socket this is?

I’m on build week 20! Not long now .

Thanks
I have 1 (230v / 300w) at the side of the driver seeat. But it only works when the engine is running.

I have 1 (230v / 300w) at the side of the driver seeat. But it only works when the engine is running.
Not available on UK spec vehicles. That inverter sounds like a carry over from a crafter panel van spec if it only works with the engine running.

Back