Grand price information from the NEC

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I agree with you there, I think I'd like to try one to really understand what its like to use, that will be the true test I guess.

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2017 150 DSG Ocean
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Did the designers ever actually go camping, had they ever used a camper?
It's worth us all remembering that our Cali's are only so good because VW only tinkered with a design developed by Westfalia over many many years. Even then, VW managed to bugger up a few things. So it's perhaps not surprising the Grand feels like it has been developed by folk who are new to the game, because that is exactly right.

Last edited:
S

Starbug1

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Take a look at the Karmann Colorado 655ti
We had a t5 10 plate 180 dsg from new,if you need more space and still want the cool factor there’s no other van in my opinion,
build quality is far superior to anything I have seen at any mhome show .
This thing puts burstners and other so called high end vans to shame!!!!
But not sure Geoff cox is still a Karmann importer so that ship may of sailed unfortunately
Take a look at the Karmann Colorado 655ti
We had a t5 10 plate 180 dsg from new,if you need more space and still want the cool factor there’s no other van in my opinion,
build quality is far superior to anything I have seen at any mhome show .
This thing puts burstners and other so called high end vans to shame!!!!
But not sure Geoff cox is still a Karmann importer so that ship may of sailed unfortunately
Hi Jay,
Do you know what happened to your 655ti ? Or where it is now ? If you do please pm me

Jay17cali

Jay17cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi Jay,
Do you know what happened to your 655ti ? Or where it is now ? If you do please pm me
Hi I believe it’s somewhere near Leeds it popped up on Instagram a few months back and I managed to speak to a friend of the owner.

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
It's worth us all remembering that our Cali's are only so good because VW only tinkered with a design developed by Westfalia over many many years. Even then, VW managed to bugger up a few things. So it's perhaps not surprising the Grand feels like it has been developed by folk who are new to the game, because that is exactly right.
I saw a Westfalia crafter conversion and it was so close to the Grand Cali, although I would say the Cali had nicer bed and storage in the rear and a nicer standard of finish. I guess VW are not a "think outside the box" type company they like tried and tested and small changes over time.

Still open minded to how it would be to use but at present still not convinced.

Jay17cali

Jay17cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
There’s ours we bought it new and loved it had it 18months then down sized to a westfalia Columbus,
Kept that 2 years the downsides again back to where we started with a California..in a Cali it feels more like your camping...That’s what we have done for 30years and still enjoy it.we will get another hotel room on wheels when we need more luxury and space if it’s affordable

9F7DCF46-54CB-4995-BDC7-0C427D96E233.jpeg

HTML