Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Greetings from Canada

G

Gunther Krausbar

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello Folks, Gunther here from Canada. I remember with sadness when the California came out several years ago but was not available in Canada. I kept on using my '84 Westy, but it is getting old and tired and now that some Californias are 15 yrs old and eligible to import to Canada, I joined here to learn everything I can about this great looking vehicle.

Best regards,

Gunther

Hello Folks, Gunther here from Canada. I remember with sadness when the California came out several years ago but was not available in Canada. I kept on using my '84 Westy, but it is getting old and tired and now that some Californias are 15 yrs old and eligible to import to Canada, I joined here to learn everything I can about this great looking vehicle.

Best regards,

Gunther
I believe the Forum has a few Canadian/USA members who have imported Californias.

@steve0802, @Doug Curran

I believe the Forum has a few Canadian/USA members who have imported Californias.

Best regards,

Gunther
Hello Gunther, There are two of us here in Victoria with a pair of 2005 Oceans w/174 HP. AXE engines. We share information, sometimes shipping on parts. I've found I can get parts easily from Czech Republic, Latvia, UK and Germany. We have had a focus on preventative measures (water pumps, DMF/clutch replacement) to stay ahead of known weaknesses. I imported mine directly from Germany, while Hugh obtained his via a Quebec auto importer - somewhat different experiences. Like you, I found my T4 getting tired at 27 years and wanted something to get through the next 10 years. Let us know where you are - 'Canada' as a description covers a lot of territory. cheers, Doug

Attachments

• Lft Rear_6938.jpg
    Lft Rear_6938.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 13
Back