Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grey water drain

A

AdrianCaltieri

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
In our T5 Cali the drain keeps blocking, I have tried boiling water and detergent down sink and attaching hose pipe to outlet to send water "wrong way". Does anyone know Is the "Port hole" in the grey water tank under the sink actually for inspection and can it be unscrewed, I don't want to try, and damage it for obvious reasons. We did buy it second hand so suspect fat or food debris was allowed to get into it. Any ideas gratefully received. Adrian

Have a look here at post #18, that could do the trick.

Sorry can't help about any means of inspection. Would it be an idea to consider just replacing the drain tube? Horrible old muck, eurgh!
Is there a smooth tube availible?
We never put anything into the grey tank if we can help it, but then we usually wild camp, so there's always a hedge available.

Thanks but it is between the tank and the outside where I suspect the problem is, the sink drains ok.

If you remove the cover where the tap is you should be able to
access the drain pipe.

IMG_8743 2.JPG

So yes the inspection port does screw open with a bit of effort. You do not want to open it if the tank is full otherwise the van will flood with smelly water! You can't see much once its open but there is enough room to put a phone in a take pictures and get an idea what's going on.
I managed to unblock mine without opening it.

20220605_170700-jpg.95101
20220605_172344.jpg

20220605_170700.jpg

20220605_170647.jpg

Last edited:
Back