Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Coach sink doesn't drain

JuJuJr_T4

JuJuJr_T4

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Now that the water doesn't empty itself every time I turn it on, we've discovered that the sink no longer drains. Water just sits in there.

It does drain if I open the grey water tank drain valve, the water from the sink never wants to go in the tank! It doesn't want to say goodbye!

I'm looking at the drain hose but so far haven't a clue.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

I hope someone will be along that does know, I'm just guessing, but is there a breather pipe on the tank somewhere? Some thing that would let the air in the tank out as the water comes in. Could something like that be blocked?

I hope someone will be along that does know, I'm just guessing, but is there a breather pipe on the tank somewhere? Some thing that would let the air in the tank out as the water comes in. Could something like that be blocked?

That's what I'm wondering, but I couldn't see anything obvious. The only parts of the pipe that are visible are right under the sink and just before it goes down into the waste water tank.

I ran water from a hose through the sink with the waste water drain cover removed and the water flowed out, no problem.

Some models have a lever in the cupboard next to the fridge, but mine doesn't. Clueless what to do but I'm sure someone here will know :)

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Where is the drain vale if it's not in the cupboard?

I can't suggest anything other that strip as much of it down as you can until you find the problem.

I'm confused now. I thought we were talking about the waste tank and sink not draining?

The first diagram doesn't ref any waste tank. Item 9 should feed into the waste.

I'm confused now. I thought we were talking about the waste tank and sink not draining?

The first diagram doesn't ref any waste tank. Item 9 should feed into the waste.

I was confused, too. I discovered that mine doesn't have a waste water tank. The drain plug under the van must be removed when we use the sink!

I just posted an update with a video about this to hopefully, help other people like me who had no idea about this.

So the issues been resolved in the sense that it was just my ignorance about what my T4 is equipped with :)

Reactions: Sad
Back