Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Guard for undertray to stop foxes eating cables!

T

TheRHKid

Vehicle
T5 Beach
I have a California Beach T5. I have had the unfortunate circumstance that foxes have chewed through the cabling on the underside of the Cali. See images. Can anyone let me know if there is an undertray guard or something that i can attach to this part of the underside of the vehicle to stop the foxes getting at it?
Any help or guidance gratefully received!

Many thanks in advance.

IMG_4800.jpg
IMG_4799.jpg
IMG_4797.jpg

I don't think so. Happened to me twice and I then bought the chilli tape on Ebay and covered anything I could see. Not happened since. A very grubby job.

Some people have covered cables in foil type stuff. If you search there are numerous threads.

Last edited:
I don't think so. Happened to me twice and I then bought the chilli tape on Ebay and covered anything i could see. Not happened since.

Some people have covered cables in foil type stuff. If you search there are numerous threads.
Chilli tape certainly sounds like an option - thank you!

I have a California Beach T5. I have had the unfortunate circumstance that foxes have chewed through the cabling on the underside of the Cali. See images. Can anyone let me know if there is an undertray guard or something that i can attach to this part of the underside of the vehicle to stop the foxes getting at it?
Any help or guidance gratefully received!

Many thanks in advance.

View attachment 116667
View attachment 116668
View attachment 116669
Is this at the front or back of the van? We have a metal guard placed at the front of the van, after a very unlucky happening with a sugarbeet falling of a truck and doing a suprisingly costly amount of damage. Also check this thread, as it has an example of protection for the back of the van.

This is at the front of the van in line with the back of the passenger side (uk) door and behind the existing cover across the base of the engine. Thanks for the link to the thread.

Back