H&R ARB and Koni dual shocks Ocean 2020 CRSPerformance

Californication69

Californication69

Bill
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Today I have measured from the bottom of wheel Center to the underside of wheel arch
Fully loaded with 100kg - 120kg of camping items and 30L of clean water onboard.
2 bars of fuel so around 20L ?
Rear - 445mm
Front - 480mm

The center caps are 60mm diameter.
So need to remove 30mm from that number.
Rear - 415mm
Front - 450mm

Then when I get to Steve + CRS
Will measure again.
Then spanking new H&R HD ARB
And Koni dual shocks install day tomorrow !
Level up day and make the Buzz drive like it’s meant to !

Ive removed the camping gear and water.
Distance measured again:
Rear : 425mm
Front : 445mm

So by having gear and water in boot, front is raised by 5mm
Rear is lowered by 10mm.

So I wonder what the optimum balance should be? When empty?
Have the rear up 20mm
Rear : 445mm
I need the front lower by 5mm
When empty.
Front : 440mm
So it’s slightly A-Team’ish down at the front.
then when loaded its
Rear: 435mm
Front: 445mm

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
4F169AA9-3C57-4EB5-9728-E0E6797CA0CF.jpeg
Stock suspension full of gear and fresh water.

After:
04EF191F-212C-41F2-AD71-766D10E2434E.jpeg
Empty boot and water, bench seat at the back, 2 bars (16l ? Of diesel) Perfect stance IMO. Thanks to Steve CRS Performance.

Last edited:
Interesting. Just posted my figures. Original was within 5mm of the above so 455mm front / 420mm rear but not loaded with camping gear.

Interesting. Just posted my figures. Original was within 5mm of the above so 455mm front / 420mm rear but not loaded with camping gear.
Thanks for that information. :cheers
I’m just about to go outside and measure it while empty.
Steve at CRS is removing that 35mm difference between front and back tomorrow so should look like a different Buzz tomorrow !
I’ll have to find the same house to park outside :D

Will alway be a difference. So -30mm springs dropped the front down 40 and the rear 20mm (avg = 30mm). Mine is now down 55mm on the front and 30mm at the rear.

Just read 2 hours of saggy bottom threads.
On this forum.
Interesting. !
So do I go higher, or stay the same height or level out 10 to 20mm.
Decisions, decisions !

Front should be higher than the rear by 5>10mm for level ride.
Reading should be with all normal load in, including driver & passenger(s).
I say normal as that being the majority of on road condition not just for a holiday trip.

You will need to either get a volunteer to measure up or add your body weight to the drivers seat for true readings.

One of the benefits of air suspension in that the load has no effect on ride height settings.

£19 extra for Suspension changes with LV insurance.
The Buzz rides like a dream.
No bounce, no feeling like it’s going to tip over, every bump and pothole and Island is no longer a wobble, shake, rattle and roll.
Steve at CRS Performance in Cannock is a suspension wizard.
I cannot reiterate how much this suspension modification will whole heartedly improve the driving experience of the Buzz.
This is how it should be from the factory.
It’s crazy good. Just perfect.
Pics later. First, last few bits of Christmas shopping. And that’s it. We are done !
But not for the Buzz :Grin Ha Ha !
Massive Thank You to the Steve’s + CRS Performance

Measurements of center cap to wheel arch when empty
Rear : 425mm
Front: 405mm

But Sill to floor is perfect at front and rear

Thanks for this information. I’ve already got H&R springs, lowered by 40mm and the handling is so much better than standard but pot holes send a shudder through the van which makes me cringe . Considered Air suspension but the cost/ benefit is hard to justify.
Will have a look at the Koni shocks and contact CRS after we are set free again. May I ask, what sort of cost should I expect?

Thanks for this information. I’ve already got H&R springs, lowered by 40mm and the handling is so much better than standard but pot holes send a shudder through the van which makes me cringe . Considered Air suspension but the cost/ benefit is hard to justify.
Will have a look at the Koni shocks and contact CRS after we are set free again. May I ask, what sort of cost should I expect?
Even on Air I still got 'crashing' at times.
Changed to 235/60/17 106V SUV tyres and noticeably better/smoother ride.

Well I've been driving the Cali most of the day and jumped in my 15year old Landrover Discovery for the final leg home (wife had left it at her office) . The Cali is transformed on the Bilsteins but you do still feel the bumps. The Discovery is just a magic carpet ride (new structs and arms a few months back) .

Wife drove the Cali home and she noticed the difference and how less "clangy" it is now (she has zero mechanical considerations)

Any more pics of how it looks now?
I’ll do some tomorrow after the Burning Barn Honey & Rum has been filtered away

Ring Steve and have a conversation, explain how you want the van to look.
Standard, higher or lower.
The Koni shocks are mind blowing.
It has transformed the ride from crashy to cushty.
Steve will let you know.
It’s not a lot of money but makes a HUGE difference.

He’s had some great reviews.
Still on my list to do

Ring Steve and have a conversation, explain how you want the van to look.
Standard, higher or lower.
The Koni shocks are mind blowing.
It has transformed the ride from crashy to cushty.
Steve will let you know.
It’s not a lot of money but makes a HUGE difference.
Spoke with steve and got the Koni shocks fitted this week, keeping the existing H&R lowering springs. The ride quality is much improved, pot holes now produce a thud rather than the cringeing crash we used to experience.
Considering the van is lowered by 40mm and the comprmises that brings, the ride quality is now excellent. Steve certaily knows his stuff and is a pleasure to deal with. Money well spent.

Back