Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hallo from Belgium

O

onela

Hallo everybody,

I'm Onela from Flanders in Belgium. After almost 2 years of thinking, saving and counting, my husband and I finally decided to buy a second-hand Cali (Comfortline, 2010) last June. We haven't regretted it for one minute! And our 7-year-old son just adores it!
We already made a 2,5 week trip through Devon and Somerset, went to several festivals with it, spent a weekend in Holland and a weekend in the Ardennes en two weeks ago we went to Germany for a week.
We also use our car on a daily basis as we sold our other car.

Hello Onela and welcome.

I have just returned an hour ago from Flanders! I am almost living there at present and often stay in Kemmel or Ypres. A lovely part of the world and always a lovely warm local welcome.

Jen

Hi and welcome on the forum , lots of nice people and loads of useful info and tips here...

Hi Onela :hello
Welcome to the forum. We're new here ourselves. Picked up our Cali last week, and looking forward to sharing tales of our trips. I noticed you've been attending many festivals. We spend a lot of time on the festival circuit to. Maybe our paths will cross at some point.

Enjoy your Cali :cool:

Thank you for your welcoming words!

GrannyJen: I love the area around Kemmel and Ypres! i read somewhere else in another topic that you're a historian who studied WWI. My husband is also a historian and he wrote his master thesis on WWI as well!

Hotel California T5: also from Antwerp, I see!

Low Man: we used to go to festivals a lot more, but with a young child it's not always easy, although we usually just take him along. He's quite used to it. What kind of festival do you go to? We like folkfestivals, preferably the smaller ones.

Hi Onela.
I can understand the challenges you may have attending festivals with a small child, but nice you still feel safe enough to take him along. We see lost of babies and small children at the festivals we prefer attending. We tend to focus mainly on those aimed at a range of Music and The Arts. I'd say Green Man, Festival No.6, and Latitude have become our favourites in recent years, although there's others we enjoy.
Enjoy your touring!

Hey greetings Belgium compagnon,we're also from flanders(kust).We have oure cali from februari and have been to the calimeeting this summer and plan on doing some more next summer ,maybe we' ll meet then grts
Stef

onela said:
Thank you for your welcoming words!

GrannyJen: I love the area around Kemmel and Ypres! i read somewhere else in another topic that you're a historian who studied WWI. My husband is also a historian and he wrote his master thesis on WWI as well!

Well if we meet we will have a lot to discuss!

WW1 features quite high in my academic study fields although my main area is the 60 yrars preceding. Currently helping with history tours in the area, a lot of demand as you may guess with the centenary year.

Welcome. I was a Belgian Cali driver for 3 years while living in Brussels. T4 & T5. I love your country.

Back