Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Handwash choices

Y

YELRAV

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
Hello, im wondering what you use for handwash in the Cali.
I bought carex with a pump dispenser and it seems to leak every time we travel (even if In locked position). Interesting to hear what you use or if you decant into another container. Thanks

A 1.5 litre bottle of water and a bar of soap in a hard case wrapped in a plastic bag.
I got the idea from my Ma & Pa, that’s what they did in the 1970s, and it’s still good today

A 1.5 litre bottle of water and a bar of soap in a hard case wrapped in a plastic bag.
I got the idea from my Ma & Pa, that’s what they did in the 1970s, and it’s still good today
That’s what I do at home. Doh! :talktothehand:thanks

I keep 2 x 1.5l Thermos(tm) flasks in the van for hot water. They keep water seriously hot for 24 hrs. So, when camping, every time we have spare water after boiling we top them up.

Since Covid every time we go out (van and car) we fill up at home and take soap, a flexi pack flat bowl (by Ortleib) and a towel.

It works out much better than sanitiser as your hands feel really fresh and clean. I'm also allergic to perfume and smelly things and have found that many of the sanitisers are perfumed and even effect me if my hubby uses them.

Hello, im wondering what you use for handwash in the Cali.
I bought carex with a pump dispenser and it seems to leak every time we travel (even if In locked position). Interesting to hear what you use or if you decant into another container. Thanks
[/QUOTE

We have a standard travel bottle (v cheap from eg Superdrug) with a flip top for liquid soap, which we keep in a slim plastic tray in the top drawer under the sink along with a small bottle of washing up liquid, the plug and a washing up sponge. We top it up from a standard refill bottle of liquid soap (sold to refill existing bottles, so without a pump dispenser) which we keep in the pull out drawer under the back seat along with a few other cleaning bits and pieces. Working well so far!

We use small flip-top tubes from Muji - one with Clinique liquid soap, another with washing up liquid, and another with clothes-washing liquid. The three of them fit into a little plastic measuring jug with a hook-shaped handle, which stands in the washing-up bowl while travelling, and hooks over the top of the glass lid when it's up.

I keep 2 x 1.5l Thermos(tm) flasks in the van for hot water. They keep water seriously hot for 24 hrs. So, when camping, every time we have spare water after boiling we top them up.

Since Covid every time we go out (van and car) we fill up at home and take soap, a flexi pack flat bowl (by Ortleib) and a towel.

It works out much better than sanitiser as your hands feel really fresh and clean. I'm also allergic to perfume and smelly things and have found that many of the sanitisers are perfumed and even effect me if my hubby uses them.
Using cold water is perfectly fine for washing hands. The water is only used to rinse away the soap :cool:

The present mantra is wash your hands with Soap & Water.
Warm water is for the comfort of the individual. Soap is the important factor as it destroys the virus and removes dirt . Water just lubricates the hands and soap to allow a lather formation and better penetration of skin folds etc: and then aids with removing when rinsing. Water temperature has no bearing on the matter as a virus can withstand a higher temperature than your skin can.

I use Crocs as you can leave them outside, even if it rains they dry off very fast

Back