Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How many warranty fixes for your Cali ?

• Thread starter Lost in the Forest
  • Start date
Archie said:
Can't imagine not having it and dreading the day the kids declare they'd rather stay at home with their friends :shocked

We are looking forward to those days :lol:

I am now a further 6 months on and goodness knows how many more miles....

Survived Hurricane winds in Scotland ...

Survived being well and truly bounced about off road in Wales and Scotland

Survived having to wade through floods in Penrith to get to the M6

Survived having to go half up a snow bank to get round a blocked road (had to leave 2 other motorhomes behind me who were too fat and lazy to do what a cali can do)...

Felt warm and comfortable in Minus 7..

Got a small dent in the drivers door when the wind caught it and bashed it into the eurotunnel touch screen check in - which ceased to be touch-screen after coming off second best

No real problems, one or two niggles, done everything asked of it and more, gets clattered, bashed and rolled around and never complains.

I purchased a 2009 SE with about 1 year of warranty remaining. No problems during remaining warranty, but was aware that dealer had the canvas on roof replaced. Since the warranty expired I have replaced a gas strut on the bed and the Cali is in the queue for roof corrosion. The control panel display has several blanks lines and I expect I will have to replace that within a year. Ignoring the roof corrosion ,not bad for a van approaching 6 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just had a narrow escape. Coming to the end of the warranty SWMBO noticed the control panel had started fading in and out and occasionally losing it's time setting. Replaced yesterday with a week to spare along with new vacuum hoses which were spotted by JCT Van centre in Sheffield while they were MOT 'ing the van (well done them).

Add to that a failed connector which caused the ABS light to stay on constantly and that's about it for the warranty period.

Downside is you don't get any warranty on the new control panel cos you haven't bought it!

Just out of warranty after 2 years & 36000km.
Fixes under warranty:
1. Rear valance locating strap riveted in place (was hanging loose).
2. Coolant level topped up (stable since).
3. Inverter & socket replaced (faulty contact).
4. Inverter socket replaced by domestic socket + switch (faulty contact again!).
5. Left windscreen roller blind replaced (damaged when accidentally released).
6. Number plate re-riveted on.
7. Dashboard ventilator replaced (could not adjust flow from new).
8. Fresh water level sensor replaced (split!).
9. Trim strip above sliding door removed & sealed with silicone (water dripping into doorway/window).
10. Little window above fridge dark-filmed over (adjacent black film damaged by sliding blind??).

Not fixed: Groan from left front suspension over speed bumps.

Sounds a lot, but all minor.

Now wondering how the non-warranty period will go!

Not fixed: Groan from left front suspension over speed bumps.

I had that exact same fault, new suspension bushes and CV joint fitted and was cured, dont leave it too long as our CV joint ended up breaking!

Back