Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Happy Camper

Y

ymfb

This morning we picked up our California from Heritage Westbury, excellent service, very helpful sales man (and so they should be). Two hour handover, anything he was unsure of he checked.

Following significant research, much of it from this forum we had a long list of questions which, was reduced to three items after the "walk through"

Where is the jack and wheel nut wrench
Where does the grey water exit

The things that we learned which we did not expect

Kenwood system Satnav is Garmin system, which is great as we are familiar with
Rotating seats will need practice
Roof and awning operation was easier than expected

The only outstanding issue to be clarified is whether we need a gas fitter is needed.

Sounds good!

Not quite sure what your gas question is though (predictive text typo?!).

Loads of advice on here though; very useful forum!

Whether we need a gas fitter to check the system for leaks. I have asked the dealer to check as he thought it was necessary. I said I doubt it as the system is already in place but need to put the onus on the dealer.

ymfb said:
Whether we need a gas fitter to check the system for leaks. I have asked the dealer to check as he thought it was necessary. I said I doubt it as the system is already in place but need to put the onus on the dealer.

Not heard this from any other dealer! I wouldn't worry.

Hi Steve.

You are in my neck of the woods and Heritage is my closest dealer.

I wouldn't worry about the gas systems unless there has been significant work done.

My top tip for the spinning the seats is to use electrical tape and a marker pen to mark your preferred driving position and the point you need to put them to spin them without hitting anything.

Might see you around. Enjoy your van

Where is the jack and wheel nut wrench - in a toolbox on the back of the rear seat at the bottom. There are two thumb screws. Undo them and then tip the box back at the top (it is sort of hinged at the bottom... (you'll see what I mean!) when you open the box, in my experience, whichever way you think is the right way up is wrong, so turn it over...

Where does the grey water exit - just to the front of the near side rear wheel.

The dealer showed us where the wheel wrench etc was, I was pointing out he had answered all our questions and that only left us with two, one of which was where is the wheel wrench.

Has anyone fitted a locking wheel nut on the spare wheel ?

Yeap. Call the parts dept in Westbury. They are very helpful. Got me the required bolt very quickly. It looks shorter but fits perfectly.

Back