Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Happy Things/Thoughts/Videos/Jokes

8c7f93b57766cd51886ec78d8be66ed6.jpg

It worked!

Never been an issue for me. In fact I would argue brighter, clearer lights are lifesavers.

Brighter for the motorist, but can blind cyclists / pedestrians, especially in rural areas with no street lights. As a result cyclists now have far brighter lights that can blind a motorist, pedestrians can buy a 'military grade' torch on amazon and blind anyone that they choose to point the torch at whiist they are walking the dog..so lifesaving all round.

I would argue the problem isn't LED perse but owners installing non compliant 3rd party lights that are not properly adjusted and calibrated for output. Factory lights would have to pass homologation to be roadworthy.

I would argue the problem isn't LED perse but owners installing non compliant 3rd party lights that are not properly adjusted and calibrated for output. Factory lights would have to pass homologation to be roadworthy.
If that is the case, and confirmed by an enquiry then the UK MOT can be adjusted to check the compatibility of light source and reflecter. I'm sure that would be supported by the manufacturer.

I live in a rural area and this time of year 'bad' LEDs are a problem. Difficult to establish why given that I'm almost blinded by the cars in question, but it seems be aftermarket lights fitted by the youth of toady rather than all LEDs.

With the poor state of road markings on rural roads, and low level / totally absent street lighting in urban areas (councils using the eco card to turn off lighting to save power and maintenance), you need good headlights so as to identify hazards - including pedestrians, unlit bikes and e-scooters. Many bright xenon beams kick-up on the near side, causing issues for pedestrians, whereas most LED headlights have a flat beam. If I’m walking towards oncoming traffic with bright headlights I just drop my head to avoid glare, and feel at least the driver will have seen me ok.

One has to marvel at the technology that allows videos like this to be produced.

One has to marvel at the technology that allows videos like this to be produced.
In this video there's a clear mismatch between lip movements and words said. But AI will easily be able to modify lip movements aligning them correctly to the text.

That would render any type of news channel and socialmedia video useless, as you will never know what and if something has really been said or not and by whom.

That may induce us and especially youngsters to spend less time watching (fake) videos favouring direct personal contact, the only way to eliminate fabricated speeches. It may be the doom of Influencers and the rest of the garbage that our kids are fed at the moment. Maybe it is for the good.

In this video there's a clear mismatch between lip movements and words said. But AI will easily be able to modify lip movements aligning them correctly to the text.

That would render any type of news channel and socialmedia video useless, as you will never know what and if something has really been said or not and by whom.

That may induce us and especially youngsters to spend less time watching (fake) videos favouring direct personal contact, the only way to eliminate fabricated speeches. It may be the doom of Influencers and the rest of the garbage that our kids are fed at the moment. Maybe it is for the good.
Can recommend the film - Luther, The Fallen Son

One Life is a great film in cinemas now. Take some tissues though.

Absolutely. I suspect that very soon, at least some of the people who've been deriding "the mainstream media" will find that they'll need to rely on the biggest media outlets (including, whisper it, the BBC) as trusted sources who will have the technology and organisational capacity to verify video content... because pretty much anything circulated on social media will very likely be deep faked or at least it will be impossible for the average person to detect it.

Actually though, it's maybe more likely a lot of people will just exist in a swamp is fake content and will spiral down into Alice In Wonderland existences maniplulated by AI. Tragically, those people will retain the right to vote in elections. That's extremely scary.

Back