Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Happy Things/Thoughts/Videos/Jokes

I used to do that too to prevent this same accident, until I realized my T6 would throw an alert in the control unit when I turn the ignition key if the hookup is still connected. Yours doesn't do this? Mine is an Ocean
Also you only get the alarm when power is being supplied, no alarm if the cable is just plugged in.

Then I expect the control unit would throw a hissy fit if you try to drive when hookup is still connected. I stopped using a note on the dash to remind me to unplug now. It also complains if you try to drive with the roof bed up, same beeping sound. Don't ask me how I know :eek:. Took me 10 meters until I stopped to figure out what it was
I've been using a big cardboard sign across my steering wheel! Does it make the beeping when you turn the ignition on then? or start the engine?

I've been using a big cardboard sign across my steering wheel! Does it make the beeping when you turn the ignition on then? or start the engine?
I just checked. It beeps several times when I start the engine while connected to hookup. Only seems to work when the control unit is switched on. I leave mine on all the time.

I managed to drive off whilst still connected on my very first trip out. Fortunately, I was a newbee to camping on EHU and I was on a CMC site, where you have to rotate the plug clockwise to lock it in. Stupidly I hadn't done this, so I actually got away with it because the plug just came out of the EHU point. So afterwards I made a sign to fit over the speedo ( laminated of course!). Which I now use every time I hook up.
EHU WARNING.jpg

Don’t forget to create another one to make sure to lower the roof
And one for the ports potty before over filling it
One could go on and on …..

Don’t forget to create another one to make sure to lower the roof
And one for the ports potty before over filling it
One could go on and on …..
Certainly think you would need one more notice next to the mains hook up point saying "Put warning sign on dashboard when hooked up""

835a34496f575950be1ec7057406dedf.jpg

King Charles has good reason to be worried: the time will come when he will be “separated from [his] crown jewels”.

I managed to drive off whilst still connected on my very first trip out. Fortunately, I was a newbee to camping on EHU and I was on a CMC site, where you have to rotate the plug clockwise to lock it in. Stupidly I hadn't done this, so I actually got away with it because the plug just came out of the EHU point. So afterwards I made a sign to fit over the speedo ( laminated of course!). Which I now use every time I hook up.
View attachment 98397
I have a little chant
“Unplugged
Gas off
Chocks away”
Never fails.

Back