Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Has anyone left their lights on ?

C

Calimark

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Still getting used to my Cali and tonight when we arrived home In the dark i decided to check whether a buzzer would sound if I left the head lights on after locking the car. My previous car automatically turned off the headlights once the car was locked so I have become complacent. Much to my dissappointment the Cali did not buzz a warning and the lights remained on.

Is there a setting (eg VAS) which can be changed somehow so that the lights automatically turn off or worst case a buzzer is sounded. I am worried that one day we may find ourselves stuck with a flat battery !

Thanks
Mark.

Hi mark. I have just checked mine if I leave the lights on take the key out and open the door it bleeps 5 times
On side and main. So I presume it's something vw can do with vagcom.
Hope this helps :thumb

We get the warning bleeps if lights are left on.

Unless I'm reading it wrong the OP is asking if it makes a bleep after he's locked it?
My facelift transporter bongs 5 times when you open the door but nothing when you lock it and the lights stay on.

Thanks for all your replies..the reason I didn't get a bleep was because I exited the car from the slide door since our garage had something in the way. I reversed the car out this morning and tried the procedure again and hey presto I heard the 5 bleeps which you all referred to..no worries !

Calimark said:
Thanks for all your replies..the reason I didn't get a bleep was because I exited the car from the slide door since our garage had something in the way. I reversed the car out this morning and tried the procedure again and hey presto I heard the 5 bleeps which you all referred to..no worries !

That happens at work where drivers exit their minibuses using the side door.

Back