Still learning about new Cali

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi,

We have had our Cali now for nearly 6 months but as we do not use it very often during the week we are still slowly discovering lots about it.

Our old T5 conversion had a buzzer that sounded if you left your lights on, but the Cali doesn't appear to have one? I left the lights on for some time on Sunday and on discovering my error the battery only sounded like it had enough capacity to just start the engine.

Once it started, I left the engine running for a while to boost the battery and whilst sitting there reved the engine but it was limited to 3000 rpm, is this normal when stationary?

Last question! If hooked up on the driveway, does the starter battery also get charged or just the leisure batteries?

Many thanks in advance,

Andrew.

Yes it is normal for it only to rev to 3,000 rpm when idle and not in gear. Best to give it a drive with sidelights on if it does go flat and/or leave it running with sidelights on as well. If you are on hook-up your vehicle battery will be trickle charged as well as the leisure batteries.

cheers

Mine has a buzzer that bleeps if you leave the side light and headlights on.
It is normal for it not to rev over 3000 when stationary
The van battery will receive a small charge when on hook up but probably not enough to charge
It from flat.

Many thanks for your responses, that puts my mind at rest.

Andrew.

Just had a thought, I sometimes get out of the passenger side door, maybe that is why I didn't hear a buzz, will try later.

Back