Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Have build code, don't care where I buy from, getting best deal

N

NZCol

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I've owned several Calis in the past. I have a build code for a manual Beach what's the collectives view on how to get the best deal - basically all I want is to put the build code out and see what the cheapest price is. I have absolutely zero dealer loyalty :thumb

Any ideas how best to go about this, and being lazy, without ringing 50 dealers and speaking to them ?:thanks

I've owned several Calis in the past. I have a build code for a manual Beach what's the collectives view on how to get the best deal - basically all I want is to put the build code out and see what the cheapest price is. I have absolutely zero dealer loyalty :thumb

Any ideas how best to go about this, and being lazy, without ringing 50 dealers and speaking to them ?:thanks
From the VW site I sent half a dozen requests for best prices via email. Worked well for me.

I used autoebid that got me 7.6% off list price

https://www.autoebid.com/

I couldn't face ringing round dealers either

I think the collective opinion on this forum was that you could then use the autoebid price to negotiate a better deal -- but no-one confirmed that they actually did do that or what discount above autoebid they got....!!

Yeah I looked at that but manual not on there but is on configurator.

Any centres reputed to be open to offering good deals ? I'm in Edinburgh but centre here have never even called me back!

Yes there are some things slightly different on Autoebid as they aren't quite up to date with the Vw configurator.

I sorted those niggles out with a quick telephone call to them, they were very helpful and I got the exact quote I wanted

Last edited:
I rang a lot of dealers and just said the first to come back with the percentage discount I specified gets my order. Worked for me!

Go on then Darryl what %age did you go for - is 10% taking the p***

Go on then Darryl what %age did you go for - is 10% taking the p***

Last year 8% was perfectly achievable via autoebid, discussed with KP in previous thread, various Vw main dealers direct offered the same.

Autoebid cuts through a lot of the BS and gives you a written quote, something some dealers seemed to not want to do! Dealers did not like it when you mentioned autoebid and the discount achieved.

Guy Vincent offered a good solid discount straight off the bat, Without the BS of other main dealers (8% discount from memory - before VAT)

Guy Vincent, Volkswagen Van Centre (Lancashire)
Direct 07734 190480

I ended up buying an ex demo, (not from Guy) less than 200 miles, very high spec, I think that worked out about 10% total discount and I drove it away within a couple of days.

If I had to do it all again I would trust Guy to give me a decent quote straight away, without the BS of so many others.

Called about 6 dealers, and emailed several more, Some dealers did not even bother to call me back / email, shear complacency and contempt for the customer!!!

Last year 8% was perfectly achievable via autoebid, discussed with KP in previous thread, various Vw main dealers direct offered the same.

Autoebid cuts through a lot of the BS and gives you a written quote, something some dealers seemed to not want to do! Dealers did not like it when you mentioned autoebid and the discount achieved.

Guy Vincent offered a good solid discount straight off the bat, Without the BS of other main dealers (8% discount from memory - before VAT)

Guy Vincent, Volkswagen Van Centre (Lancashire)
Direct 07734 190480

I ended up buying an ex demo, (not from Guy) less than 200 miles, very high spec, I think that worked out about 10% total discount and I drove it away within a couple of days.

If I had to do it all again I would trust Guy to give me a decent quote straight away, without the BS of so many others.

Called about 6 dealers, and emailed several more, Some dealers did not even bother to call me back / email, shear complacency and contempt for the customer!!!
That is the market working as it always does, some dealers go for high mark up/low sales others the opposite strategy. Did you get the extended 5 year guarantee only available on vehicles less than 3 months old? An ex demo is obviously ideal for some but it is not a new first owner vehicle that some buyers demand, you pays your money...........

That is the market working as it always does, some dealers go for high mark up/low sales others the opposite strategy. Did you get the extended 5 year guarantee only available on vehicles less than 3 months old? An ex demo is obviously ideal for some but it is not a new first owner vehicle that some buyers demand, you pays your money...........

5 year warranty, 2 services, previous owner VW, 2 months since registration, 165 miles on the clock, mahoosive spec, 10% off list price, drive away with zero wait , you do the maths !

I did not buy a Vehicle to resell it to a third party who is in the market for a one owner second hand vehicle, I bought it to use it !

Update: rang 6, emailed 9. I’ve had 2 replies-one refusing to order new and only wants to sell me a pre reg van of wrong spec, other not prepared to give me a price. So, it’s going well!

Try Ian Flood at Loughton VW: ‭020 8532 5569‬.

That's how I bought mine, tell him I recommended you on here.

Try Ian at Loughton VW and tell him I sent you!! ;)

Bought both my Cali's from him.

I don't know if possible discounts are the same as a cali, but I managed to get a 13% discount pre VAT for a high spec panel van. Ordered Q4 last year for a delivery March 1st this year, from JCT 600 - Sheffield.
VW finance also offered £1,750 contribution with 2 free services, but this has now been superceeded to £2,500 contribution with no free services.
Hope this helps.

Back