Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Have I done something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Big Ron

Guest User
Hi...if a moderator/someone else wants to message me it would be helpful.

Recently posted ’Rough Sale Price’ which hot s couple of posts and then the thread was ‘moved’ somewhere I can’t see.
Genuinely trying to do the right thing and keep my Cali with an enthusiast.

Is there a problem?
Would be grateful if you could advise?

Hi...if a moderator/someone else wants to message me it would be helpful.

Recently posted ’Rough Sale Price’ which hot s couple of posts and then the thread was ‘moved’ somewhere I can’t see.
Genuinely trying to do the right thing and keep my Cali with an enthusiast.

Is there a problem?
Would be grateful if you could advise?
Maybe they thought you had a good idea about your Cali’s value, and had snagged a potential buyer via the back door, avoiding the fee?

Maybe they thought you had a good idea about your Cali’s value, and had snagged a potential buyer via the back door, avoiding the fee?
That would be sad.
Everyone knows they can get a price at webuyanycar etc....
I’m interested in what people thought was a reasonable price to advertise (on here) to a buyer. Said I’d pay the fee.

Would like to pass on to an enthusiast.....would have thought the club would have wanted that?
Would still be interested in resolving if someone contacts me.
Thanks

That would be sad.
Everyone knows they can get a price at webuyanycar etc....
I’m interested in what people thought was a reasonable price to advertise (on here) to a buyer. Said I’d pay the fee.

Would like to pass on to an enthusiast.....would have thought the club would have wanted that?
Would still be interested in resolving if someone contacts me.
Thanks
Can you post it in the for sale section open to offers?

@Big Ron , the thread was reported by a few members as it looked like it was more to sell your Cali other than just a question on value.
And exchanging personal details (phone number) what is not all that safe on a forum.
Selling a verhicle on the forum we ask to place a advert .
Exchanging personal details it's best to send a personal message PM

If you look at the sticky thread in this section (rules) you can see what the basic rules are .

You thread was moved at first stage by a moderator and later deleted by the admins.

Hope this answers your question .

ok
You need to use the classified section for sales
Hi Kev, appreciate you replying.
I wasn’t actually trying to sell it ....was interested in working out a reasonable asking price.

Did say I’d happily pay the ad fee but was trying to work out what I should advertise it for.

Never mind.

@Big Ron , the thread was reported by a few members as it looked like it was more to sell your Cali other than just a question on value.
And exchanging personal details (phone number) what is not all that safe on a forum.
Selling a verhicle on the forum we ask to place a advert .
Exchanging personal details it's best to send a personal message PM

If you look at the sticky thread in this section (rules) you can see what the basic rules are .

You thread was moved at first stage by a moderator and later deleted by the admins.

Hope this answers your question .
Hi. Thanks for answering.
I didn’t post any personal details.
I can’t PM.

Just an honest bloke trying to do the right thing.

@Big Ron , nobody said you posted phone nr.
There was a other post with a phone nr.

And if you are honest with yourself you should take the words posted above back ,
You say now : i was not actually trying to sell ...

But these are the words you typed
Copy paste:
I am going to sell....can send photo’s tomorrow...

am i correct ?

Can you post it in the for sale section open to offers?
Thanks....That’s a good idea I’d not thought of.
Did (naively?) think I’d get feedback on reasonable price so I could post an ad.
sur
@Big Ron , nobody said you posted phone nr.
There was a other post with a phone nr.

And if you are honest with yourself you should take the words posted above back ,
You say now : i was not actually trying to sell ...

But these are the words you typed
Copy paste:

am i correct ?
Hi Tim...I would suggest that there is more than one way to look at the posts. No, you are not correct and it saddens me.

I had subsequently decided to sell. But I wasn’t trying to sell through that post. I was trying to get a reasonable price to place an ad....and said if I sold through any interest I’d pay the ad fee. I couldn’t have been clearer.

I would have thought that, and my subsequent post asking to resolve would have pointed at an honest intent. But I can’t force anyone to think that.

Thanks for replying though.

It's an honest enough question to assess value, but posting such a question has often been used to secure a sale without paying for an advert. So it's not a perfect world, and there isn't a solution that suits the poster and the necessary revenue protection for the forum, so such 'exploratory' threads are rightly banned.

It's an honest enough question to assess value, but posting such a question has often been used to secure a sale without paying for an advert. So it's not a perfect world, and there isn't a solution that suits the poster and the necessary revenue protection for the forum, so such 'exploratory' threads are rightly banned.
And that’s fine 2into1, I can understand that once explained. Not trying to do anything wrong hence subsequent post asking the question.
Cheers.

@Big Ron

So you are saying that you did not posted the words :
And i am wrong ?

we can bring the thread alive again so we both can see who is wrong .

And it's Wim not Tim ;)

@Big Ron

So you are saying that you did not posted the words :
And i am wrong ?

we can bring the thread alive again so we both can see who is wrong .

And it's Wim not Tim ;)
This is unseemly. I’m not trying to argue with you. I’m telling you that you are wrong in your assumption that I am somehow trying to cheat the forum.
I cannot make it any clearer when I said I was happy to pay fee.

I would like to add that moderators are asked by the admins to be moderators and are just trying to treath every member thesame and look out for breaking rules and insulting posts .
There are moderators who find it very hard to make the call deleting a post or a thread and therefore admins sometimes make the final call.

In fact the first report was not from me and i did not deleted the tread , i could have just ignored all this , but just pointing you out why it was deleted as i know what the admins policy is on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.