Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

headlight noises

liz sharpley

liz sharpley

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi

We've just bought a 2004 t5 and noticed that there is a grinding noise when the headlights are on dip.

We've worked out that this is the headlight range control motor but not sure what to do about it.

Makes no difference what we set the range to, it just continues to grind away.

Anyone got any ideas before we head out for our first weekend away?

thanks

Liz

Hi

We've just bought a 2004 t5 and noticed that there is a grinding noise when the headlights are on dip.

We've worked out that this is the headlight range control motor but not sure what to do about it.

Makes no difference what we set the range to, it just continues to grind away.

Anyone got any ideas before we head out for our first weekend away?

thanks

Liz
Is it just 1 side? There is a motor drive on each headlight. Part 5 which appears to be non-replaceable.

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_singl...941/subcategory/941000/part_id/3696127/lang/e

56C6BC45-2F06-4586-A8FB-31F2A87C5CD6.png

Maybe you could pull the connector to the faulty motor off for the time being? Or remove the fuse ...

Does the headlight aim move when you move the switch?, the noise is normally the motor trying to adjust the aim but failing as the connection between the motor & light has failed.

As motorcyclist said - just pull the connector off the back of the motor - I would put a bit of electrical tape over the cable end as they are still live.

probably need to have a look when it's dark but i'm fairly sure it's not moving at all. Thanks for the advice, i think I'll disconnect for now and tape it up!

thanks for getting back so quickly - first trip out today :)

:welcome and good luck! :thumb

Back