Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Headlights on GC 680

V

VWGetaway

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi, I am about to dive in and place an order for a new GC680, to be delivered in 2025, after months of debating which camper to buy.
Does anyone know if the headlights can be adjusted from RHD to LHD or do I need to spend (just over £1,000 extra) to get, the optional extra, LED lights fitted to have this feature.

Not sure if you can change LHD/RHD, but you could fit these each time you go away with beam deflector stickers. We use similar on our T5.1.

You need to spend (just over £1,000 extra) to get, the optional extra, LED lights fitted to have this feature - there's no manual adjustment, other than stickers on the lenses. I think the LEDs are worth it though - we had GC without, we now have LEDs, very happy with them.

Yes, get adaptive LED's, quite a flat beam pattern with no need for adjustments. If you also get adaptive cruise control when you go to France it recognises where your are and adjust from right to left overtaking. Pure genius.

Ok will have to decide to shake the piggy bank a bit more and go for the LED or the sticker on the lenses trick. I know which one I prefer, my optional extra list keeps growing though :)

Personally, I feel the upgrade to the LED’s are worth it anyway, really good quality for night driving.

Ok will have to decide to shake the piggy bank a bit more and go for the LED or the sticker on the lenses trick. I know which one I prefer, my optional extra list keeps growing though :)
It should help when selling, it would be much more desirable.

It's quite a lot of dosh ......... my car has the newest, brightest projector beams, but I don't have a problem with the standard, much cheaper ;), lamps on our GC600. Of course, I drive the van more slowly, and less frequently at night, than the car

I never bothered with LED , we have only driven the van at night once in over 7000miles. And generally like to be at camp well before nightfall anyway,

I also have the standard H7 and H15 high beam/DRL headlights.
I didn't like the look of the T5.1 Xenon with dotted LED DRL headlights.
And for me, I think I can brighten up the road more than enough for me to see enough in the dark.
And as an extra bonus, the price of a light bulb is far less than a Xenon bulb, or a complete LED headlight when 1 light fails.
The only real reason they implemented the LED headlights is for the camera in the windshield to see enough in the dark to read all the lines and signs. And I personally think that Xenon and LED are far too bright and too cold of a coulor for your eyes to drive too long in the dark with those lights on.

If you are going to any serious night driving especially away from urban roads and motorways/dual carriageways don't hesitate, get it fitted with LEDs and if possible include auto switch-on and auto dipping.
Once you have driven country roads behind LEDs you will wonder how you ever managed with normal halogen lights. Trust me I've been there!

Oh just to add my Toyota Hilux pickup has a massive LED lightbar full width of roof and LED spots on bumper, so I do appreciate LED lights is dark on full beam on that, but when I dip beam I can’t see anything
I drive that in dark unlike our 680

Back