Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heater control panel mod?

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Getting seriously fed up with T6's heater controls.
The level on T6 means just an exact tempetature it is trying to hold.
So if I set it to level 2 it keeps turning on and off during night, waking all up with the starting noise.
If I set it to 3, It goes without stopping but tends to go above lowest power, speeding up and changing noise and ticking as well.

Is it possible to hack/mod the control panel so I can simply set the heater at lowest possible power?

I guess you would need to disable the thermostat somehow and then just leave it on the lowest setting . Might be worth talking to an Eberspacher dealer.

Talked to Eberspacher experts who install heaters. They refuse to make the changes simply because whole thing is controlled by VW's own interface and they have no idea how it works.
VW "experts" know 0 as well. Anybody tried to solve this?

Talked to Eberspacher experts who install heaters. They refuse to make the changes simply because whole thing is controlled by VW's own interface and they have no idea how it works.
VW "experts" know 0 as well. Anybody tried to solve this?

Do you want to post this on the t6forum? More people on there into mods and someone may be able to help, unless Loz on here can point you in the right direction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Well one option would be to scrap the VW control and fit an Eberspacher control unit. The hard bit is already done, mounting the unit and piping in the diesel feed and the in/out aurways. I have fitted a couple in our old Mazda Bongos, pre Cali days, and the control units simply plug in together with the thermostat. Should be fairly starightforward I would think.

Back