Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello All

Skinnydog0_0

Skinnydog0_0

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All,

My wife and I are not quite Cali owners yet, but looking to gat an Ocean as soon as we can. We are hoping to try & get as many weekends away (Friday to Monday) as we can and I'm sure we'll be pestering you all for good sites.

We have never had a camper van before, but used to do a fair bit of camping in our younger years.
We are based in west Wales so any good sites in the Wales and West Country area would be great for us.
Also hoping to come along to some of the club meets when we get the Cali.

Cheers
Jeff & Ro

Welcome Jeff and Ro!
Look forward to some pictures/your first impressions of your Cali!

Hi All,
Thanks for the welcome.
Yes as soon as we find our Cali I'll get some pics up for all to see.
Cheers

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your search for a van. When you get it I would recommend freshwater East its a caravan and motorhome club site. in Pembs.

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your search for a van. When you get it I would recommend freshwater East its a caravan and motorhome club site. in Pembs.

Yes it's lovely down there- I try and get down there to fish a bit, so now have the perfect excuse :)
Does the site have sea views?
Cheers

Good luck with the hunt! New or pre-loved?
Farl

Thanks Farl, probably be a pre loved around 2 to 5 years old.
I'm restricted to Auto's and seems not quite as many of these available.

Thanks Farl, probably be a pre loved around 2 to 5 years old.
I'm restricted to Auto's and seems not quite as many of these available.
Well I picked mine up today and... it’s an auto! Seems like it was all I could find when I was looking. The DSG is really nice though and I wouldn’t swap for a manual. Very relaxed
Good luck!
Farl

By the way.... I have s T6 now but my T4 day bus was 11 or 12 years old when I got it. It was bloody brilliant! Age and VW’s go together well. A 2 to 5 year old wil have years of life left. The people who bought mine when it was at least 17 years old still use it most weekend’s!
Farl

Hi freshwater does not have sea views but is no more than 5 mins from the beach which is very sandy.