Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello beautiful people of the tinterweb!

S

Sheldon

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
My name is Sheldon.
My wife (Heather) and I have just purchased a 2018 T6 with full camper conversion.

We are so excited to have the freedom to get away with our two sons. We have been severely limited since I was hurt in Afghanistan. 30+ surgeries/procedures later and im still bed bound 4 days a week thanks to nerve damage in my neck.

So holidays have always been difficult with my limitations. We were extremely lucky to find a prestine, fully converted Long wheel base T6 with just 11000miles on the clock. It's exactly what we were looking for.

We have arranged to have a few bits upgraded. We have 2x 120w solar panels, bike rack, roof racks, tent rail amd TV with freeview and PlayStation.

We are so excited to receive our new baby at the end of this week and hope to use it this coming weekend to go away on holiday.

I have one last upgrade in mind for the vehicle. I'd like to put on a set of BF Goodrich all terrain tyres and rims. Both for the looks and the better off road performance.

I plan on sleeping in the roof area to leave space for my mother in law down bottom. I need a decent memory foam type mattress that will fit up top as the vehicle doesn't come with one. Does anybody know of where I can get a good one for the roof area of a LWB T6?

We would like to get a decent tent, inflatable would be great for easier setup. We have the rail to attach it so would appreciate any advice on the best medium-large tent?

We are so happy and hope that this change in lifestyle will help us to get out more without causing me more bad days.

I look forward to joining your community and sharing any alterations I decide to make over my time with the vehicle!

Be well and thanks for your time and help choosing the right bits to suit my family.

1a For-Sale-July-2021-47k-no-vat-Side-2-400x284.jpg

A long wheel based Camper with a pop top (so under 2m tall). There will be a lot of jealous people I think.

There are lots if threads about mattresses and blow up awnings if you use the search function (spy glass in menu bar). Although, not sure how many mattresses are for LWB.
Also, there are some threads on ladders for ease of access to pop top, in case you or kids want or need it.

Welcome!!

My name is Sheldon.
My wife (Heather) and I have just purchased a 2018 T6 with full camper conversion.

We are so excited to have the freedom to get away with our two sons. We have been severely limited since I was hurt in Afghanistan. 30+ surgeries/procedures later and im still bed bound 4 days a week thanks to nerve damage in my neck.

So holidays have always been difficult with my limitations. We were extremely lucky to find a prestine, fully converted Long wheel base T6 with just 11000miles on the clock. It's exactly what we were looking for.

We have arranged to have a few bits upgraded. We have 2x 120w solar panels, bike rack, roof racks, tent rail amd TV with freeview and PlayStation.

We are so excited to receive our new baby at the end of this week and hope to use it this coming weekend to go away on holiday.

I have one last upgrade in mind for the vehicle. I'd like to put on a set of BF Goodrich all terrain tyres and rims. Both for the looks and the better off road performance.

I plan on sleeping in the roof area to leave space for my mother in law down bottom. I need a decent memory foam type mattress that will fit up top as the vehicle doesn't come with one. Does anybody know of where I can get a good one for the roof area of a LWB T6?

We would like to get a decent tent, inflatable would be great for easier setup. We have the rail to attach it so would appreciate any advice on the best medium-large tent?

We are so happy and hope that this change in lifestyle will help us to get out more without causing me more bad days.

I look forward to joining your community and sharing any alterations I decide to make over my time with the vehicle!

Be well and thanks for your time and help choosing the right bits to suit my family.

View attachment 83158
Welcome to this great forum. Envious of your long wheelbase. Wonder why VW don’t offer a lwb California. Very sorry to hear of your injuries. Thank you for your service, I hope your nerve damage is healing, and you enjoy your time in the van.

My name is Sheldon.

View attachment 83158
Welcome to the forum Sheldon!

Seconding the appreciation for your service (there's not really an emoji fit for that). I hope you are on the road to recovery.

:welcomeSheldon,

the links below may help with the mattress

My name is Sheldon.

View attachment 83158
Love the look of the van, I reckon it’ll look ace in swamped style with bfgs. I’ve got a van go Cruz awning I’m about to put on the for sale section for £200 if you’re interested? It’s got a full carpet too.

Last edited:
My name is Sheldon.

View attachment 83158
Welcome and respect.
You're a brave man to take your mother in law in a van. I loved my mother in law but I don't think it would have worked for us.

Welcome on board @Sheldon . Congratulations on your new campervan and thank you for your service. Hope you are mending well.

On the mattress - drop in an email to Duvalay - info@duvalay.co.uk - (https://www.duvalay.co.uk/ - website) and they can custom build one on your measurements. For comfort got for the 5cm memory foam and that is very comfortable. Though, remember, mattresses are a very personal choice.

Duvalay do 60cm wide memory toppers, I can fit two side by side in joker roof bed so may work.
Gooutdoors sells them, very comfy.
If you add the measurements people will be able to tell you if a cali roof one will work.
Enjoy your adventures.