Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Basingstoke

Shane Bennett

Shane Bennett

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hello everyone,

My wife an I did a lot of RV camping in the US but we haven't done much since moving to the UK. We went camping this weekend in a tent and it sort of woke up a sleeping giant ;)

So after some research we have settled on the California for it's size and ease of travel. Looking forward to getting out and enjoying the rallies with everyone.

Hope to see you soon

/Shane

Hi Shane and welcome. You've found a great vehicle and a great forum to come and talk about it :)

I should have probably said we are in the market for a new California so we haven't purchase it yet. But we have settled upon it :)

Nice one Shane we're just down the 339 in Alton if you needed a look around, cuppa or Q&A session

Hey @johnyboy thanks for the offer. We would love to do that. We are taking a test drive this weekend so I'll send you a message on here. Thanks again :thumb

Hey Shane. We are also in Basingstoke! Where are you doing your test drive?
Let me know if I can be of help.

Welcome Shane,
We are based in Basingstoke and new to California ownership. Great for days out as well as longer outings. Hope the test drive goes well and see you around the town.

Ken

Hi Shane

I'm fairly local (Chandlers Ford) but work in Basingstoke so I might see you driving about when you get your Cali. Coincidentally I saw a Cali at J6 this morning, Blackberry or Dark Wood I think from a distance.

We're new to the Cali scene too and have loved every minute of it so far. This is certainly the place to come for all the info you need. It helped us greatly before getting our own van.

Cheers

Mike

Hey Shane. We are also in Basingstoke! Where are you doing your test drive?
Let me know if I can be of help.

We are doing the test drive in Guildford, I forget the dealer name. He is trying to arrange an Ocean but a Beach will do for a drive.

Hi Shane,
If it is the main vw dealer they do a special hire price for trying out the California over a couple of nights, we did that last year and it was useful to get to know the vehicle and figure out some of the bits that were useful and some that we could live without.

Enjoy the drive

Cheers
Ken

Hi Shane,
If it is the main vw dealer they do a special hire price for trying out the California over a couple of nights, we did that last year and it was useful to get to know the vehicle and figure out some of the bits that were useful and some that we could live without.

Oh that is good to know. Thank you @Kenb17 :)