Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Bedfordshire, UK

Nikos

Nikos

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi, I have recently purchased a 1994 T4 California Coach pop-top in left-hand drive. Having spent many summers tent camping around Europe in a car, I felt a campervan was the next step, and I have been looking for a couple of years for the right one. The one I've bought ticks all of the boxes as far as my requirements go but is a bit tatty around the edges. It is usable, however, and money has been spent by the previous owner on the mechanicals: timing belt, clutch etc.

I've spent the past few weeks going through it, making repairs and improvements. The only thing I still need to do is to fit an awning rail; just waiting for some decent weather to do that.

It's got the 50kW ABL turbodiesel engine so barely makes enough power to get out of its own way and the brakes are comical (solid front discs, drums at the rear), but it has a certain charm and driving it resets your expectations about how quickly you can make progress without it all getting horribly out of shape. :Nailbiting

Welcome, sounds like you have a very interesting vehicle there. Enjoy your adventures.

Hi, I have recently purchased a 1994 T4 California Coach pop-top in left-hand drive. Having spent many summers tent camping around Europe in a car, I felt a campervan was the next step, and I have been looking for a couple of years for the right one. The one I've bought ticks all of the boxes as far as my requirements go but is a bit tatty around the edges. It is usable, however, and money has been spent by the previous owner on the mechanicals: timing belt, clutch etc.

I've spent the past few weeks going through it, making repairs and improvements. The only thing I still need to do is to fit an awning rail; just waiting for some decent weather to do that.

It's got the 50kW ABL turbodiesel engine so barely makes enough power to get out of its own way and the brakes are comical (solid front discs, drums at the rear), but it has a certain charm and driving it resets your expectations about how quickly you can make progress without it all getting horribly out of shape. :Nailbiting

Drove through Bedfordshire today.

Crap weather.

Welcome btw :)

Where's the pics??????