Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Germany

Coelshie

Coelshie

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Been on the forum a few months looking for advice on 4motions, swivel chairs, dogs in the back and numerous other helpful advice.

Finally in December we bought a Pure Grey Ocean 6.1 Edition 4motion with the 204PS engine. Plenty of nice options as well. It is a LHD as I am an expat living in Germany (soon to be Poland)

Just back from the UK after a 2000km round trip and van was flawless. Superb to drive and travel back with so very happy. Pleased with the engine upgrade from the 150PS rental we tested.

Managed to sort the two labradors out the back with a combination of EZY harnesses & Leashes and that worked a treat. Both had plenty of room with the rear bench all the way back. Still playing with maybe adding a rear bench cage for the smaller Lab but at the moment it seemed to work. Might change to floor beds but they seemed happy.

Not had a chance to camp yet as van was a glorified Transporter for the Xmas trip back but hoping to get away in it in Feb after we move.

Still looking on adding accessories that I need (or think I need after scouring these forums and owner setups).

Anyway, thanks for the help again so far.

Here are some pictures.

IMG_5057.jpeg
IMG_5061.jpeg

Cheers,

Stu

Nice. Did the same trip for Xmas from Poland. Where are you going to be moving to? Make sure you buy 907 before you move as we have to pick them up in Germany as not sold in Poland.

Love it. But I'm biased.

Aftermarket stuff I have found indispensable
1) Project Camper internal magnetic thermal cab window covers
2) Ecoflow Delta 2. Can't have too much on board power options when wild camping.
3) Vent mounted Benks magnetic iPhone holder
4) Busboxx shoebox for entrance way. Don't get the flatpack

Other than that enjoy and keep up posted.

Nice. Did the same trip for Xmas from Poland. Where are you going to be moving to? Make sure you buy 907 before you move as we have to pick them up in Germany as not sold in Poland.

Cheers. We are moving to Szczecin (Stettin). I already have bought the refillable option, as have a few 5kg propane from the motor home we sold and want to transfer but good to know. Was tempted by a 907 for the BBQ (or vice versa).

Love it. But I'm biased.

Aftermarket stuff I have found indispensable
1) Project Camper internal magnetic thermal cab window covers
2) Ecoflow Delta 2. Can't have too much on board power options when wild camping.
3) Vent mounted Benks magnetic iPhone holder
4) Busboxx shoebox for entrance way. Don't get the flatpack

Other than that enjoy and keep up posted.

Thanks! :)

Yeah the project camper i am about to order (deciding on the air vents or not ;)) after owners experiences.

Will check out the other aftermarket stuff! Cheers

Thanks! :)

Yeah the project camper i am about to order (deciding on the air vents or not ;)) after owners experiences.

Will check out the other aftermarket stuff! Cheers
I forgot one of the most important upgrades if you value your back and a good nights sleep. Sell the comfort mattress and get a Brandrup iXtend or Calibed Prestige III. Transformatory.

I forgot one of the most important upgrades if you value your back and a good nights sleep. Sell the comfort mattress and get a Brandrup iXtend or Calibed Prestige III. Transformatory.
Ah yes i had tried the comfort mattress and found it uncomfortable. Is the Brandrup iXtend the folding bed and the pad?

Ah yes i had tried the comfort mattress and found it uncomfortable. Is the Brandrup iXtend the folding bed and the pad?
Both concertina like the comfort mattress. Just a little thicker.

Both concertina like the comfort mattress. Just a little thicker.
OK thanks. What do you have? Looks like you need to order a folding bed with the pad (allround 100 709 025) - Looks like more than just a mattress and a replacement of the parcel shelf?

OK thanks. What do you have? Looks like you need to order a folding bed with the pad (allround 100 709 025) - Looks like more than just a mattress and a replacement of the parcel shelf?
The T6.1 came with a level lower bed. I just bought the Calibed Prestige III mattress alone and covered with a percale cotton Ikea double fitted sheet.