Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Marlow, Buckinghamshire.

C

Cali197

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi All
Have just joined you all while I find my first Cali. I'm looking for a T6 Beach as I like the flexabilty it gives. Think I will buy a SlidePod kitchen unit but interested in other ideas or other companys.

Intend to use the Cali with my bike to take part in various cycling events in the UK and maybe Europe.

Looking forward to learn all the tips and advice from the club.
Jonathan

Hi, and welcome....and good luck with your search.

I used my Cali (Ocean) for bike racing and I love it! If you do cyclo cross in the winter, or MTB, then I’d recommend getting a Beach that has the heater fitted. Nothing nicer than coming back to the car and it be all nice and toasty inside!

I have a set of the VW waterproof covers that I put on the seats in winter, so I can drive home without changing clothes if I want. They aren’t nice enough to keep them on all the time, but are perfect during the winter months.

Personally, I prefer using a bike rack fitted to the tow bar. I sold the standard VW bike rack and bought a tow-bar option instead, as it‘s a lot easier to fit and remove the bikes. The only downside to this is that I now don’t have an external towel rail when camping!

Good luck!

:welcome T6 Beaches seem to be a bit like gold dust at the moment - good luck finding one that fits your requirements and budget. The forum will certainly help in answering any questions you have.

Welcome here

3B: Beach, bikes and browsing through Europe! Great wonderful plan!
Hope you find your van! I am also in team towbar rack (not tall not strong enough to lift the bikes).
Heater is great in an condition (also to dry your clothes when driving home).
All the best!

:welcomeCali197

the Beach Club awaits your presence.

keep us informed of your search & progress and feel free to ask anything you need to know, the forum is a gold mine of information.

Hi All
Have just joined you all while I find my first Cali. I'm looking for a T6 Beach as I like the flexabilty it gives. Think I will buy a SlidePod kitchen unit but interested in other ideas or other companys.

Intend to use the Cali with my bike to take part in various cycling events in the UK and maybe Europe.

Jonathan
:welcome Good luck in your search, look forward to you joining the Beach club.

:welcome Good luck in your search, look forward to you joining the Beach club.
Welcome, not far from you either. Did a great walk along the Thames from Marlow to Cookham and back recently.

Hi, and welcome....and good luck with your search.

I used my Cali (Ocean) for bike racing and I love it! If you do cyclo cross in the winter, or MTB, then I’d recommend getting a Beach that has the heater fitted. Nothing nicer than coming back to the car and it be all nice and toasty inside!

I have a set of the VW waterproof covers that I put on the seats in winter, so I can drive home without changing clothes if I want. They aren’t nice enough to keep them on all the time, but are perfect during the winter months.

Personally, I prefer using a bike rack fitted to the tow bar. I sold the standard VW bike rack and bought a tow-bar option instead, as it‘s a lot easier to fit and remove the bikes. The only downside to this is that I now don’t have an external towel rail when camping!

Good luck!
Thank you for your good advice, support and tips regarding using a Beach for cycling events. Jonathan

:welcome T6 Beaches seem to be a bit like gold dust at the moment - good luck finding one that fits your requirements and budget. The forum will certainly help in answering any questions you have.
Thank you Alison.

Welcome here

3B: Beach, bikes and browsing through Europe! Great wonderful plan!
Hope you find your van! I am also in team towbar rack (not tall not strong enough to lift the bikes).
Heater is great in an condition (also to dry your clothes when driving home).
All the best!
Thank you Sapto, never really thought about the heater is that the diesel version rather the standard one running off the engine? Tow bar does seem best but can you still open the tailgate, guess you can't with the VW rack? Really glad I've joined the club with all this support. Jonathan

Welcome, not far from you either. Did a great walk along the Thames from Marlow to Cookham and back recently.
Thank you BeagleMum that be another Cali for me to spot! Jonathan

Thank you Sapto, never really thought about the heater is that the diesel version rather the standard one running off the engine? Tow bar does seem best but can you still open the tailgate, guess you can't with the VW rack? Really glad I've joined the club with all this support. Jonathan
Dear Jonathan
Yes, it is the diesel version (I think it is called "auxiliary heater" in English, google it on youtube you'll find some great videos/search for "California Chris").
There are about 2-3 tow bar bike racks which support opening the tailgate with bikes loaded (they slide or tilt). As far as I remember it is the Atera DL3 (we are using it and it is superb) and the Thule G929 (not sure of the name). However you sometimes have to turn the bar to keep it parallel (depending on the width of your bike bars). Beside you still can lift the tailgate with the original VW bike rack.
Hope the pictures of my van and my friends help you to decide.
Best wishes
sapto
IMG_6445.jpegIMG_2307.jpeg

Dear Jonathan
Yes, it is the diesel version (I think it is called "auxiliary heater" in English, google it on youtube you'll find some great videos/search for "California Chris").
There are about 2-3 tow bar bike racks which support opening the tailgate with bikes loaded (they slide or tilt). As far as I remember it is the Atera DL3 (we are using it and it is superb) and the Thule G929 (not sure of the name). However you sometimes have to turn the bar to keep it parallel (depending on the width of your bike bars). Beside you still can lift the tailgate with the original VW bike rack.
Hope the pictures of my van and my friends help you to decide.
Best wishes
sapto
View attachment 67563View attachment 67564
That's great information Sapto, this Cali club gets more interesting every day with more homework!!. Thank you so much, Jonathan

:welcomeCali197

the Beach Club awaits your presence.

keep us informed of your search & progress and feel free to ask anything you need to know, the forum is a gold mine of information.
Thanks Perfectos, will hopefully be a Beach member soon!

Thanks Perfectos, will hopefully be a Beach member soon!
The storage box by the side of the 2 seater rear bench on the T6, can this be taken in and out easily? Regards Jonathan

Now trying decide on a 4 or 5 seater Beach?
With the 4 seater is it possible to remove the storage box to the nearside of the bench? I think it's possible to add 1 or 2 single seats to the second row on both models? Any help on this would a great help.

Now trying decide on a 4 or 5 seater Beach?
With the 4 seater is it possible to remove the storage box to the nearside of the bench? I think it's possible to add 1 or 2 single seats to the second row on both models? Any help on this would a great help.
Yes you can remove the box and you can add an additional seat(s). We started off with 5 seater now have a 4 as prefer storage space. Indeed we are looking to put our current 68 plate Beach up for sale very soon so keep a look out as not too far away from you!

Hi All

Jonathan
Hi Jonathan
I also live in Marlow and I've got a T6 Ocean. Not the same but I'm happy to answer any general Cali queries if I can. I also use a towball mounted bike rack for ease of loading and keeping the height below 2.1m restrictions
Cheers, Pauric