Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Munich!

F

flamingdavey

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach 199
Hello from Munich - my wife (an American) and I (a Brit), both long term in Germany, are onto our 3rd California now.

Our first was a company car (still makes me smile how I got away with that!), the second was our own but was stolen in the Netherlands last year, and our third - an insurance replacement - arrived 6 months late due to covid, late last year.

Since then we’ve not managed so many trips out for obvious reasons, but we’re looking forward to spring and feeling optimistic in spite of the circumstances.

Can anyone recommend a Munich / Bavaria local California ‘chapter’ where we might get to know some other California fans? Also anyone know any good wildcamping spots in Bavaria?

in the meantime, I attach a pic of us in our van that was stolen from us, in beautiful Berchtesgaden, Bavaria. Not a bad view eh?

E1CA5EB5-B0FC-44F6-AC29-7216B1DD143C.jpeg

Hello from Munich - my wife (an American) and I (a Brit), both long term in Germany, are onto our 3rd California now.

Our first was a company car (still makes me smile how I got away with that!), the second was our own but was stolen in the Netherlands last year, and our third - an insurance replacement - arrived 6 months late due to covid, late last year.

Since then we’ve not managed so many trips out for obvious reasons, but we’re looking forward to spring and feeling optimistic in spite of the circumstances.

Can anyone recommend a Munich / Bavaria local California ‘chapter’ where we might get to know some other California fans? Also anyone know any good wildcamping spots in Bavaria?

in the meantime, I attach a pic of us in our van that was stolen from us, in beautiful Berchtesgaden, Bavaria. Not a bad view eh?

View attachment 75890
Good afternoon Munich,

Welcome, there will be lots of information here on our club site but you may possibly find what you are looking for here https://www.caliboard.de/

Have fun and enjoy.

No help but hello - will be visiting your part of the world as soon as we can. My brother and little niece are in Starnberg and we've missed them terribly.

Welcome! Sorry to hear about your last van :( wishing you many happy trips in your new one

Welcome here

My wife worked some years in Munich and we still go a place there. We love all the campings around Bavaria although we strictly camp on official sites.

Calibord is a good community for fellow California enthusiasts!

Happy camping

Hi and welcome! Hope you'll have great fun with your new van when you finally get to use it. I agree with @sapto that if you speak German, https://www.caliboard.de/ is a very good resource. Especially when you are looking for people with Cali's local to you.

Just wondering; I remember seeing somewhere a post about a Cali having been stolen in NL out of a parking garage, was that yours? Did you have any added form of alarm/protection? Other then that one I don't hear much about Cali's being stolen over here. Could you share in what town it happend?

Back