Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi from West Wales

S

Surforswim

Guest User
Be warned before you get to close.
Last year we Just hapened to be passing a dealership in Poole on our way back from holiday to have a look at one. Next thing we found we had adopted their demostrator vehicle a 180DSG Olympian Blue Cali with 1200 miles on the clock and i'd never even owned a automatic before.
Then there was the ,well we'll take it easy for our first year being newbies never having owned any sort of camper before and do some trips around Pembrokeshire near to home in W Wales. So how come we wake up one morning and find ourselves in Bavaria. I finally came to my senses when we reached Venice and we turned and headed back to the safety of west wales. Good job we live a long way from that tunnel thing.
I just couldn't imagine how much we would be looking forward to this summer, off on our first trip this year in 2 weeks time can't wait but were definately sticking to the UK this year, perhaps!! Hope to get to one of the meets soon
happy travelling regards Keith and Yvonne .

:welcome
Hi there.
It made me laugh when I read about you living a long way from the Eurotunnel...I now have visions of you nipping up the coast to Bangor and then turning left for 'All Points - Ireland' :mrgreen:

Luke

Hi, Keith and Yvonne!

Can you recommend a good campsite in Pembrokeshire - we plan to stay for a few days on our way to Ireland at the beginning of April. Caerfai bay http://caerfaibay.co.uk/ looks favourite at the moment.

Any favourites?

Hi Californiaman, I wouldn't quarrel with Caerfai Bay a lovely site we use quite often. Last stayed there at Aug Bank Hol. Good facillities really friendly ownership it can get busy though.You can walk into St Davids for refreshments recommend the Farmers Arms down by the Cathedral or The Bishop right in the centre. Just one point there are 2 sites there at the end of the Lane i usally use Caerfai farm site but i don't think that one is open that time of Year. But There is no problem with the Caerfai Bay Caravan park super location they do have touring spots, just another 100yds further to the pub thats all.
There are lots of other sites we use such as Newgale (£5 a night , right on the beach, good facillities, but no electric hook up) and down at Whitesands but i doubt they are open that early in the year.
One other thing to mention at the bottom of the hill from Fishguard town to the ferry at Goodwick there is a hotel which I'm sure is called the Sea View Hotel which has a huge car park behind it and is opposite the seafront , I did recently read somewhere but for the life of me i can't remember where an article on pubs and hotels around the country that are happy to provide free overnight stays in their carparks and that hotel was listed, if its just an overnighter before catching the ferry it might be worth considering. Have a safe trip regards Keith.

Fantastic, thanks!