Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from new Irish Cali coast owners!

Hi Paul,
Cork to Santander at best is 26.hrs and we used on the 31st of May- very calm crossing but friends of ours on a return trip had a very rough crossing. There is a "new" ferry on the route now started on 2nd of this month for 12 months so hopefully it will improve things. There are rumours of another ferry service starting between Cork and Vigo next year -so we live in hope

Hello Paul,

End of July of this year we took the ferry from Santander to Cork.

It was a long journey, but calm and without any issues. As mentioned on the web page it is a simple ferry, quite basic. The cabine was nice (we booked a cabine with winodow) and spend most of the time in there. We prepared for the crossing bringing our own food and only got tea and coffee to avoid the high prices for food.

I thought it was ok and a good altnerantive to avoid driving back through France to Cherbourg or another ferry port. I would do it again.

Regards,
Eberhard

Have recently purchased for our family of 4, & enjoyed our first trip away in beautiful West Clare last weekend. Delighted with this site for troubleshooting & sharing ideas & itenaries in the future!
Pauldons
Welcome! Do post good sites for Cali Ireland trips for us Brits. Hoping to visit next year.

Hello Paul,

End of July of this year we took the ferry from Santander to Cork.

It was a long journey, but calm and without any issues. As mentioned on the web page it is a simple ferry, quite basic. The cabine was nice (we booked a cabine with winodow) and spend most of the time in there. We prepared for the crossing bringing our own food and only got tea and coffee to avoid the high prices for food.

I thought it was ok and a good altnerantive to avoid driving back through France to Cherbourg or another ferry port. I would do it again.

Regards,
Eberhard
Hi Eberhard,
Thank you for giving feedback on the crossing, we may consider that route in time. Off course there is always a risk of choppy waters I guess.
Paul

Hi Paul,
Cork to Santander at best is 26.hrs and we used on the 31st of May- very calm crossing but friends of ours on a return trip had a very rough crossing. There is a "new" ferry on the route now started on 2nd of this month for 12 months so hopefully it will improve things. There are rumours of another ferry service starting between Cork and Vigo next year -so we live in hope
Hi Paul,
Hi Will,
I'll keep my ear to the ground regarding the new ferry routes, it's wonderful to have the options.
Paul
Welcome! Do post good sites for Cali Ireland trips for us Brits. Hoping to visit next year.
Thanks Agnes,
Do get back in touch before the Irish trip, we'll recommend a few spots for you for travelling, and suggest where may be best to avoid perhaps! Enjoy planning the trip
Paul

Welcome, happy travels and will be looking to all you over there in Ireland for advise on good sites as we intend to travel on our first 'across the water' trip next May /June ... two of us and Dougal our black lab !

Welcome, happy travels and will be looking to all you over there in Ireland for advise on good sites as we intend to travel on our first 'across the water' trip next May /June ... two of us and Dougal our black lab !
Snap we are doing the same 2 plus 2 Beagles :)

Thanks for the welcoming wishes! Be sure to get back to us before the trip to Ireland, we are familiar with many of the sites from tent camping over the years and certainly a few gems to recommend. I think weather wise you could be lucky enough, in our experience may/June can be dry&calm