Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Sunny Manchester.

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Cali on order
Hi All,

We stumbled on the forum whilst browsing the other night. Pure co- incidence, but my partner(Ireno2) and myself registered within minutes of each other.

Looks like a great source of info, but wish we had found it sooner as earlier in the day whilst out for a ride on the motorbikes, we ended up at The West Yorkshire Van Centre.
We have been looking for a used T5 to convert, but after looking at used and new prices in the spec we required, we spotted their ex-demo Cali Beach in Sunny Yellow (yellow just happens to be the Mr`s favourite colour).

So, after a test drive and plenty of Ummm`s and Ahhrr`s, we took the plunge after getting the price down to £29,250. (This is what happens when you live with an impulse buyer with the cheque book!!!!!)lol

It`s a `62 plate 140ps with 30 miles on the clock, 17'' Cascavel alloys, RNS315 sat nav, Media in(ipod), awning, 3 zone air-con and front and rear parking sensors.
We also negotiated cruise control, stainless steel side bars,window deflectors and rear bumper cover for a few hundred extra.

We both then rode back home to Manchester in the fog wondering if we had done the right thing. After a few days browsing the internet, we both still think we got a pretty good deal, which, at the end of the day, is what matters.

Hopefully, the van should be ready sometime next week, which will come in handy as we gave our faithful Honda Civic to my partners son today (I`ve never seen anyone sort their insurance out so quickly!!), so only have the bikes, just as the weather is getting colder and wetter.(Great timing again)

Any way looks like the forum will come in handy as we will be looking to have a small kitchen fitted in the near future.

Jen and Ian

Hi you two. A sunny yellow beach is so cool welcome along and get some pictures up
When it arrives

Tumbleweed said:
Hi All,

We stumbled on the forum whilst browsing the other night. Pure co- incidence, but my partner(Ireno2) and myself registered within minutes of each other.

Looks like a great source of info, but wish we had found it sooner as earlier in the day whilst out for a ride on the motorbikes, we ended up at The West Yorkshire Van Centre.
We have been looking for a used T5 to convert, but after looking at used and new prices in the spec we required, we spotted their ex-demo Cali Beach in Sunny Yellow (yellow just happens to be the Mr`s favourite colour).

So, after a test drive and plenty of Ummm`s and Ahhrr`s, we took the plunge after getting the price down to £29,250. (This is what happens when you live with an impulse buyer with the cheque book!!!!!)lol

It`s a `62 plate 140ps with 30 miles on the clock, 17'' Cascavel alloys, RNS315 sat nav, Media in(ipod), awning, 3 zone air-con and front and rear parking sensors.
We also negotiated cruise control, stainless steel side bars,window deflectors and rear bumper cover for a few hundred extra.

We both then rode back home to Manchester in the fog wondering if we had done the right thing. After a few days browsing the internet, we both still think we got a pretty good deal, which, at the end of the day, is what matters.

Hopefully, the van should be ready sometime next week, which will come in handy as we gave our faithful Honda Civic to my partners son today (I`ve never seen anyone sort their insurance out so quickly!!), so only have the bikes, just as the weather is getting colder and wetter.(Great timing again)

Any way looks like the forum will come in handy as we will be looking to have a small kitchen fitted in the near future.

Jen and Ian

Hi from snowy Westcliff

That's a good deal. It's good if you've got the full climtronic - that's great on a Beach in my personal opinion.

I was reading a thread on the T5 forum recently debating the merits of the Beach. I don't think they really got it - it's a great vehicle and know more than similar conversions. Plus it looks good and it's all VW.

Lots of bits on the Beach section of this forum and a really friendly helpful place to be.

The small kitchen pod is a good idea :)

And Sumny Yellow is a cool colour :).

James

James said:
Tumbleweed said:
So, after a test drive and plenty of Ummm`s and Ahhrr`s, we took the plunge after getting the price down to £29,250.
Jen and Ian

I was reading a thread on the T5 forum recently debating the merits of the Beach. I don't think they really got it - it's a great vehicle and know more than similar conversions. Plus it looks good and it's all VW.

And Sumny Yellow is a cool colour :).

James

We agree with you on the merits of the Beach. We had priced up a pretty basic spec, new window van to convert, i.e. 140ps, front swivel seats, standard air-con, rear tailgate and not much else, and that came in at nearly £27k.
At the end of the day all we would have had was a shell to still convert, so, for £3k more we`d rather have more VW for our money......and we don`t have to wait for it to be built to spec.

Many :thanks for the warm welcomes.

We pick the Beach up on Wednesday.

Happy days. :D

:clap
R doo Jen (I'm on the NC700 website) Glad you took the plunge and did it.......you'll not regret it they are fab.
Paul
:D

PaulS said:
:clap
R doo Jen (I'm on the NC700 website) Glad you took the plunge and did it.......you'll not regret it they are fab.
Paul
:D

Cheers Paul, we pick it up tomorrow. Just hope the weather isn`t too bad going over the M62 though.
I think we`ll enjoy the Cali and use it more than we did our 6 berth Chausson coachbuilt.
We sold it about a year ago after 2 years ownership...it was too big and a pain to drive round.
Hopefully meet you one day, either on the NC or in the Cali. We may be coming down to the Volksworld show the weekend after next. Do you know if it`s any good?
Jen

Hiya Jen
The Cali's cracking. We go here there and everywhere in it. Goes under most height barriers, small enough for a single parking space, unassuming (ours is 'stealth black' :cool: -folks don't realise what it is :clap ). We go darn West Country a lot, up Wales and Snowdonia etc... etc... tiny lanes everywhere and no probs at all. Thats with other half, 10 & 12 year olds, 3 dogs, 'stuff' and usually for multiple days/all weathers.
Never been VW shows though...
Njoy
Paul

Happy days!!!

Picked the Beach up this lunchtime and spent the afternoon fiddling with everything to see how it works, inbetween all the visitors who turned up to see our new toy.
They`ve kindly named it 'The Big Banana' ....hopefully the name won`t stick!

Looks like our 1st trip in it will be next week....camping outside my partners son`s flat in Harrogate when we go to fit a new wooden floor for him....should be comfier than his sofa!!