Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Vancouver Island

Hello Vancouver Islander...
Beautiful place, you’re very lucky to live there. Had a great surf in Tofino area in 2006 ;)
Welcome.

Wow, we thought T4’s 5’s and 6’s were never sold in the Americas! Where did yours come from?

Wow, we thought T4’s 5’s and 6’s were never sold in the Americas! Where did yours come from?
It was built especially for Canada and here it’s called a 1993 CV Canadian Westfalia Full Camper.
I understand they where not available in the USA
sometime latter the USA came out with the Winnebago camper there are some differences I’m still learning some of the difference .

Hi
I’m John and I have a 1993 CV Canadian Westfalia Full Camper or as you may know it as a T 4 full Camper

at the present time I just about read to re the battery charger.
I have a dual smart 12 volt charger looking for ideas on how to install it.
Can you provide some more detail regarding your intended 12v charger ? We have a couple of guys that know how to wire a plug on this Forum ;)

@Loz sometimes has an odd idea about wiring and widgets, and has helped out one or so members in the past.

Some specific detail would help others to help

bvddobb
have you installed a solar panel?
im looking to do the same I’m thinking wiring it directly to the house / leisure battery

Can you provide some more detail regarding your intended 12v charger ? We have a couple of guys that know how to wire a plug on this Forum ;)

@Loz sometimes has an odd idea about wiring and widgets, and has helped out one or so members in the past.

the charger is a Pro Sport 12

the charger is a Pro Sort 12

Hi
I’m John and I have a 1993 CV Canadian Westfalia Full Camper or as you may know it as a T 4 full Camper

John, I live in Victoria and have a '93 T4. My original charger quit and they are no longer available. After going to 4 other garages/electronic repairs, Rick at Ellice VW repair in Victoria was the only person able to go through and fix the defective parts. Rick would be a reliable person to advise you in regard to your charger. By repairing my old charger he was able to retain the control and display in the overhead panel - a nice advantage. I am in the process of importing a 2005 T5 California from Germany, arriving in late November. cheers, Doug

email Playa El Coyote 2014.jpg

Hi

Hello John, I somehow misplaced your contact info from a previous post. You had indicated that you had a good VW mechanic in Duncan, BC. Can you send me that contact or your own? Mine is dougcurran@telus.net.

Thank you, Doug

Welcome here!
I might have missed your startetpic: Hope to see more soon of your van in Vancouver Island!
I had the chance to visit Victoria to see some relatives of my ex back in 2002. We walked tiny bit of the San Juan de Fuca Trail. Lovely!
Hooe you get your problem solved. I love the look of the T4!