Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello new T5 SE owner with awning question

M

mected24

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hello, I'm a new owner of a T5 (62 plate) & wondered if anybody knows the make of awning that would be factory fitted to this age of California T5 SE? There are no labels on it & I want to try to get hold of some side/front panel to fit it but don't really know what type I should be looking for. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

Hello, I'm a new owner of a T5 (62 plate) & wondered if anybody knows the make of awning that would be factory fitted to this age of California T5 SE? There are no labels on it & I want to try to get hold of some side/front panel to fit it but don't really know what type I should be looking for. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks
What end does the winder have?

TBH doubt you'll go far wrong with the Outwell sides (we have on our 07 T5 SE, and our friends have same their 14 Ocean). Hillcrest (front), Fallcrest sides. Fit perfectly.
I have a Fiamma and our friends is an Omnistor, and both fit the same.
Good luck.

If factory fitted, it would be (now) Thule Omnistor 5002.
If not factory fitted, it is Fiamma, but that would be on the awning.
If you open the awning and you see a VW sticker, it's definately the Omnistor.

Thank you for the replies. I,ve uploaded some pictures.
I’ll also get some help opening the awning later as suggested to check if there’ a VW label

IMG_1839.jpegIMG_1838.jpeg

IMG_1840.jpeg

That is a Thule omnistor 5102, the fiamma has a different winding mechanism

It’s a Thule Omnistor 5102. Fitted to all Calis.

Recommend the Brandrup panels, or, awning room from the club shop (also usually available 2nd hand).