Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello all

Y

Yorkdubshire

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello ladies and gents, thought I would introduce myself as I am new to the world of camping/owning a California and have noticed this is the place to come for advice and to compare notes, so thanks in advance for all your help! I have been a fan/owner of all things VW since I can remember (my dad loved them too) and I started with a Polo Mk3 1.6 then a Polo Mk4 (facelift) GTi, Transporter T5 LWB, Tiguan, Golf Mk5 R32, Golf Mk6 R, Golf Mk7 SE and finally as of Friday last week a California T6 beach. Our unit consists of myself, my wife, our 2 year old daughter and our daft as a brush black Labrador all of which can't wait to get out and about in the new addition. Will post some details/pics of our van in another section soon.
Cheers all J.

Hi and welcome....

Great selection of cars. Welcome along

Hello and welcome to the club :)

Hi Yorkdubshire, your posts have been useful already, good to have you along.
There must be something genetic about the VW, pehaps imprinting occurs.
My parents first was a T1 back in the 60s, though not a trendy van then, and mostly held together with the fibreglass my dad repaired all the panels with.

Hi Yorkdubshire, your posts have been useful already, good to have you along.
There must be something genetic about the VW, pehaps imprinting occurs.
My parents first was a T1 back in the 60s, though not a trendy van then, and mostly held together with the fibreglass my dad repaired all the panels with.
Cheers Cyclopath.
My parents have had nearly the full range of cars over the years. The first I can rememeber is the Mk2 golf driver (I was born in the early 80's) it was broken into so many times and had its badge nicked at fast as they were replaced (I blame the beastie boys for that). The most memorable he had was the Mk3 GTi 2.0 16v just like the one Alistair McRae used to drive only in green, absolutely beautiful car.
Imprinting must occur, I have been to the dark side a few times and had most hot hatches, they aren't a patch on the VWs. Mk5 R32 being the best with the 3.2 V6, it just never run out of puff like the turbos do. Those days are behind me for the foreseeable and the next car I get like that will probably be electric. :(

You must be due a loyalty reward off VW by now! Welcome along :thumb

Hello ladies and gents, thought I would introduce myself as I am new to the world of camping/owning a California and have noticed this is the place to come for advice and to compare notes, so thanks in advance for all your help! I have been a fan/owner of all things VW since I can remember (my dad loved them too) and I started with a Polo Mk3 1.6 then a Polo Mk4 (facelift) GTi, Transporter T5 LWB, Tiguan, Golf Mk5 R32, Golf Mk6 R, Golf Mk7 SE and finally as of Friday last week a California T6 beach. Our unit consists of myself, my wife, our 2 year old daughter and our daft as a brush black Labrador all of which can't wait to get out and about in the new addition. Will post some details/pics of our van in another section soon.
Cheers all J.

All those cars!

You must have a very big drive...

Welcome :D

All those cars!

You must have a very big drive...

Welcome :D
Thanks.
They are just the VWs (+ a gen 2 sharan which I forgot).
The drive and road have both looked like a car park on occasions. When I think how much money I have wasted on daft cars it kind of makes me a bit remorseful but everybody has their vices and we have had fun, but now it's time to be sensible! Honest ;)

Thanks.
They are just the VWs (+ a gen 2 sharan which I forgot).
The drive and road have both looked like a car park on occasions. When I think how much money I have wasted on daft cars it kind of makes me a bit remorseful but everybody has their vices and we have had fun, but now it's time to be sensible! Honest ;)

We only have a short life to live but are a long time dead. Money is useful but it cannot buy memories. I would rather die skint but with a smile on my face than rich and miserable.

Children do affect your veichle choice don't they. I have had some lovely motorbikes and a two seater sports car, but I honestly have had more fun and spent more time playing with, and in my van, than any other I have had.
They most certainly do! What were the bikes/2 seater? I always fancied building my own Westfield using a focus doner but never had the garage space or money at the same time to do it, maybe one day :)

Ordering the T6 has been all the easier in the knowledge that the kids will absolutely love it. Being tweenage boys, on the surface of things they would have preferred me to have bought a used Masserati Granturismo S for the same money, but I know which will give the greater enjoyment over time. They keep asking about it and still think I am looking at getting the Cali 'maybe next year' so it will be a huge surprise when it comes in the spring!

Children do affect your veichle choice don't they. I have had some lovely motorbikes and a two seater sports car, but I honestly have had more fun and spent more time playing with, and in my van, than any other I have had.

Ordering the T6 has been all the easier in the knowledge that the kids will absolutely love it. Being tweenage boys, on the surface of things they would have preferred me to have bought a used Masserati Granturismo S for the same money, but I know which will give the greater enjoyment over time. They keep asking about it and still think I am looking at getting the Cali 'maybe next year' so it will be a huge surprise when it comes in the spring!
Very true, I'm sure they will love it what teenage lad wouldn't! I bet you can't wait to see the looks on their faces when you rock up in your new Cali, priceless ;)! We can't wait to get out and about, won't be going too far for a while though as our other new arrival is due early May and with the first one coming 7 weeks early it will be a nervous time. :Nailbiting We have a few short trips locally booked before and then Cornwall in September. :)

Hello and welcome from a relative newbie. I'm sure you and the family will enjoy your new Cali. Great for days out as well as camping.

Hello and welcome from a relative newbie. I'm sure you and the family will enjoy your new Cali. Great for days out as well as camping.
Thanks, we are off to the east coast soon for the day, should be fun as long as we don't get blown away!

Welcome from a fellow Yorkshireman who after 35 years living South is now a confirmed Londoner.

Totally with you on the car thing: 4 Alfas, 2 BMs, 1 Alpina, 6 Maseratis and an original V70R, but the Cali is up there with them all. A completely engaging motoring experience. Every journey, even to the local shops, feels like an adventure.

I think about shaping engine, suspension, ride height and so on, but I know it'll add weight, cost and reduce traction in a wet field and actually it doesn't really need any of that... Of all the amazing cars we've been lucky enough to have owned I think it's the first one that my wife Kenna has had any interest in and that's a very good thing to my mind.

Welcome again, Dave

Welcome from a fellow Yorkshireman who after 35 years living South is now a confirmed Londoner.

Totally with you on the car thing: 4 Alfas, 2 BMs, 1 Alpina, 6 Maseratis and an original V70R, but the Cali is up there with them all. A completely engaging motoring experience. Every journey, even to the local shops, feels like an adventure.

I think about shaping engine, suspension, ride height and so on, but I know it'll add weight, cost and reduce traction in a wet field and actually it doesn't really need any of that... Of all the amazing cars we've been lucky enough to have owned I think it's the first one that my wife Kenna has had any interest in and that's a very good thing to my mind.

Welcome again, Dave
Hi David thanks for the welcome! I'm sure you'll always be a Yorkshireman at heart. Which part are you from? We are from near penistone south yorks.
Now that's a list and a half :D any pics would be welcome. I have always had a soft spot for an alpina and Maseratis have always been head turners! I do think you can be addicted to buying cars, something I'm going to try and go cold turkey from. Having said that I don't think it will be that hard we are really loving the Cali, in fact I just made an excuse to go out to tesco so I could have a drive and our daughter Izzy is absolutely loving it.
I can only really see me adding wheels and maybe the side tubes for the aesthetics but it won't be anytime soon.
Cheers James :thumb

Hi David thanks for the welcome! I'm sure you'll always be a Yorkshireman at heart. Which part are you from? We are from near penistone south yorks.
Now that's a list and a half :D any pics would be welcome. I have always had a soft spot for an alpina and Maseratis have always been head turners! I do think you can be addicted to buying cars, something I'm going to try and go cold turkey from. Having said that I don't think it will be that hard we are really loving the Cali, in fact I just made an excuse to go out to tesco so I could have a drive and our daughter Izzy is absolutely loving it.
I can only really see me adding wheels and maybe the side tubes for the aesthetics but it won't be anytime soon.
Cheers James :thumb