Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello there

Daggartukvan1

Daggartukvan1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi everyone,
So I retired recently after 37 years nursing in the NHS and have invested in a MY18 Ocean T6 204 4Motion for my wife and myself to set out on some free time adventures. We have not long come back fro our first outing - a three night stay in a lovely campsite across the estuary from Port Meirion in North Wales about an hour from where we live. We had a great time with our Cockapoo Luna and she loved every second of it. Funnily enough the things I thought would be difficult such as leveling the van and setting up the toilet tent were quite straight forward whereas the bits I thought would be simple such as switching from day mode to sleeping mode took a lot more coordination in a relatively confined space (kudos to families who take their kids along!).
Anyway, here's a photo of our van which we are yet to name and thanks for all the great advice posted here - it was invaluable reading before our first trip as it will for future adventures.
All the best
Gareth

Screenshot_20220730-011648_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hi everyone,
So I retired recently after 37 years nursing in the NHS and have invested in a MY18 Ocean T6 204 4Motion for my wife and myself to set out on some free time adventures. We have not long come back fro our first outing - a three night stay in a lovely campsite across the estuary from Port Meirion in North Wales about an hour from where we live. We had a great time with our Cockapoo Luna and she loved every second of it. Funnily enough the things I thought would be difficult such as leveling the van and setting up the toilet tent were quite straight forward whereas the bits I thought would be simple such as switching from day mode to sleeping mode took a lot more coordination in a relatively confined space (kudos to families who take their kids along!).
Anyway, here's a photo of our van which we are yet to name and thanks for all the great advice posted here - it was invaluable reading before our first trip as it will for future adventures.
All the best
Gareth

View attachment 99619
Welcome along, congratulations, and thank you for your 37 years. I hope your Ocean gives you as many years of service!
Which campsite did you stay at near Port Meirion?

Congratulations on your purchase.

Switching between day and night mode will get easier with practice.

We travel with four, but having a Beach means the cooking and eating is always outside, so there’s more room in the van.

Hope you have lots of great adventures. Surprising how many retirees you’ll find in vans these days !!

Nice . T6 is best. Day /night mode is easy. Just sleep upstairs. You can keep all your bedding up there when camped and just shove up the bed in t morning, hey presto, day mode. See you on the road

Hi everyone,
All the best
Gareth

View attachment 99619
We’ve had our van 3years now and it takes a while to put in place your own ‘organising routines’. We too have a dog and use both beds, me upstairs, hubby and dog downstairs bed, so it’s pretty complicated manoeuvring come bed time. We bought a drive away awning which is great for extra space ( but only for 3day + stays, any less we go without)
We’re also retired and that ‘go when you fancy’ and the weather’s fine is certainly braw … enjoy
1663745296977.jpeg

Thanks everyone for your kind welcoming words and for sharing your own experiences, routines and tips. I think the next thing to get will be a drive away awning for longer trips to create a little more space - another little research project :) . Cheers, Gareth.

Thanks everyone for your kind welcoming words and for sharing your own experiences, routines and tips. I think the next thing to get will be a drive away awning for longer trips to create a little more space - another little research project :) . Cheers, Gareth.
Quite a few threads on drive away awnings. Camping & Caravanning Show soon at the NEC ?